4 Hurt at Maine Campground Explosion

Email This Post Email This Post Print This Post Print This Post

July 7, 2008 by   - () Leave a Comment

Four people from Dexter, Maine, suffered minor burns on their arms and legs when a gas stove exploded in their camper as they were cooking breakfast the morning of July 4.
Newport Fire Chief Fred Hickey said the explosion at Tent Village Campground on Sebasticook Lake in Newport in central Maine rocked the camper and blew the back wall off the camper's frame, according to the Bangor Daily News.
The victims drove themselves to a nearby hospital, where they were treated and released. Their names were not available.
Hickey said fire investigators determined that a gas line to the stove apparently had been left open, so that when stove was turned on gas filled the trailer and set off the explosion.

[Slashdot] [Digg] [Reddit] [Facebook] [Google] [StumbleUpon]


Feel free to leave a comment...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!