ARVC Gearing Up for 2009 InSites Convention – November in Orlando
In a matter of a few short months the best of the best in the outdoor hospitality industry will descend upon Orlando, Fla., for the 2009 InSites Convention and Outdoor Expo – Passport to a World of Opportunity. This year is especially exciting as ARVC joins forces with Leisure Systems Inc. (franchisor of Yogi Bear Jellystone Park Camp-Resorts) to celebrate its 40th anniversary.
Industry veterans, new owners and operators alike will find plenty of opportunities to fill their Passport to Education. The learning options begin on Saturday, Nov. 7, with the ever-popular Park Operators on Tour (POOT), hosted once again by industry expert Bob MacKinnon, CPO. Bob has a top-quality list of parks to visit – large and small, independent and franchised, family camping and resorts.
On Sunday, Nov. 8, attendees will have two tremendous educational options to choose from – FUNdation and OSHA Compliance Training:
- FUNdation is an intense all-day recreation education program for campground owners, managers, and recreation directors. This is a “hands-on” learning experience that will benefit your operation for years to come.
- The OSHA Compliance Training is an in-depth classroom day taught by the compliance experts at J.J. Keller and Associates. Topics covered include material handling, fire safety, hazard communication, machine guarding, blood borne pathogens, slips, trips and falls and much more. Class size is limited to 40 participants and ARVC is delighted to offer interested parties a substantially discounted classroom fee of $125 per person (a $450-plus value). Reservations are necessary for the OSHA Compliance Training and can be made online at www.arvc.org or by calling ARVC at (303) 681-0401.
A full schedule of CPO seminars throughout the week has been slated covering topics from How to Create Packages for Your Park to a group discussion on solar and wind power to Crucial Estate and Succession Planning and more.
Event headquarters at the world-class Rosen Centre Hotel will offer attendees convenience and quality, and while the general sessions, seminars and evening events will take place at the hotel, the Outdoor Expo will be held Nov. 11-12 just across the street inside the spacious Convention Center. Take advantage of the excellent ARVC InSites negotiated rates by visiting them online through www.arvc.org or directly at www.rosencentre.com or by calling toll-free (800) 204-7234. Take advantage of every convention opportunity available by staying at the official venue… spend your time networking with fellow owners and operators, delegates, vendors rather than commuting… it’s your passport to business success.
There are four ways to register:
- Online: www.arvc.org
- Phone: (800) 395-2267 or (303) 681-0401
- Fax: (303) 681-0426
- Mail: National Association of RV Parks & Campgrounds, 455 Tenderfoot Dr. Larkspur, CO 80118
Harness the power of this annual industry event and grow your business. Register today – details available at www.arvc.org.
Evergreen Insurance Increases Clients’ Scholarship Amounts
ARVC’s official campground insurance provider – Evergreen USA – realizes that in difficult economic times people must make tough decisions about where to spend their money. Education is a long-term investment that is very important in so many ways. To help people continue to invest in their future and the future of the camping industry, Evergreen has increased the amount it will bestow for scholarships to the National School or RV Park & Campground Management (www.campgroundschool.org).
Evergreen has generously offered to provide a $300 per student scholarship to staff and owners of parks insured by either Evergreen Indemnity Ltd. or Evergreen USA RRG Inc. with a $600 calendar year scholarship limit per account. Applications must be made at least 30 days prior to the start of the School. Evergreen USA is also a corporate sponsor of the School of RV Park and Campground Management. To apply, contact Missy Bourgoin at email@example.com or at (800) 343-7900.
For more information about Evergreen please visit www.evergreenusa.com.
New GoCampingAmerica.com Website to Launch Soon
GoCampingAmerica.com, the consumer arm of ARVC, is undergoing a complete redesign and will be unveiled in the very near future. The new version of GoCampingAmerica.com will be filled with many new exciting features and functions:
- A link to any online reservation system
- Faster page loads
- Interactive Google maps
- Calendar of special events for parks
- Park photos
- Packages listings
- New Gold/Silver listings available for a nominal fee – video of your park (Gold) and expanded photo galleries (Silver).
ARVC is asking members to help create the very best website possible by updating park information. Please direct all questions or comments to Daniel Gurley at firstname.lastname@example.org or Derek Dick at email@example.com, both of whom are available at (800) 395-2267.
ARVC Mobilizing Support for Travel Promotion Act
ARVC has been a strong supporter for several years of the Travel Promotion Act (S. 1023), which would create a new public-private national corporation to market the U.S. as a prime destination for international visitors. The U.S. is now the only industrialized nation without a national tourism office, and this has resulted in a steady, 20-year decline in our nation’s share of the global tourism market. Following approval in early June by the Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee, a vote by the full Senate was expected to follow soon.
While the Travel Promotion Act is supported by President Obama and much of the current administration, ARVC has urged all RV parks and campgrounds to send letters to their senators in support of S. 1023 based on the following points:
• The legislation promises to increase international travel to the U.S. and lead to more than $4 billion of increased annual U.S. economic activity.
• The global market for travel continues to increase yet, since 2001, the U.S. has experienced a decline each year in visitors; incoming visitors to the U.S. have declined by 633,000 a year since 2001.
• On average, international visitors to the U.S. spend $4,500 in the U.S. – revenue that can make a substantial contribution to the U.S. economy and support thousands of new jobs.
• An increasing percentage of international visitors want to visit rural areas and small towns and stay in RV parks and campgrounds.
ARVC Supporting New Senate Caucus for Outdoor Recreation
Members of Congress can form caucuses of their colleagues focused on a variety of issues, and ARVC is currently working to help establish a new Senate Caucus on Outdoor Recreation on the premise that such a caucus would bring greater attention to the physical, mental and social benefits of outdoor recreation through engagement with the natural world. The positive benefits for youth and families should be stressed especially. By educating U.S. senators on related issues, better public policies should result.