ARVC Names Award Winners, Elects Board Officers
The National Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds (ARVC) honored a number of its members during the gala awards night Thursday (Nov. 12) at the close of the 2009 InSites Convention & Outdoor Hospitlaity Expo.
Its parks of the year awards went to:
- Small Park of the Year, The Springs at Borrego, Borrego Springs, Calif., Dan Wright.
- Medium Part of the Year, Cross Creek Camping Resort, Delaware, Ohio, Steve Cross.
- Large Park of the Year, Holly Shores Camping Resorts, Cape May, N.J., David and Maggie Robinson.
Among the other recipients were:
- Stan Martin Award, Mary Arlington, CPO, High Plains Camping, Oakley, Kan.
- Small Directory Award, Maryland Association of Campgrounds, President Mike irons, CPO, Executive Director Deb Carter, CPO, Earleville, Md.
- Medium Directory Award, New Jersey Campground Owners Association, President Jay Sporl, CPO, Executive Directors Jay and Marji Otto, CPO, Cape May Court House, N.J.
- Large Directory Award, California Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds, President Dan Wright, Executive Director Debbie Sipe, Auburn, Calif.
- State Executive Director of the Year, Deb Carter, Maryland Association of Campgrounds, Earleville, Md.
- State President of the Year, Jim Breneman, Pennsylvania Campground Owner's Association, Lancaster, Pa.
- Supplier of the Year Award, TengoInternet, Eric Stumberg, president, Austin, Texas.
- Direct Mail Promotion Award, Lake George RV Park, Lake George, N.Y., David King, president, and Hearthside Grove, North Petoskey, Mich.,Wayne and Lorene Rose, Craig and Kirk Rose, proprietors.
- Brochure of the Year Award, Point Sebago Resort, Casco, Maine.
- Website of the Year Award, Buttonwood Campground, Mexico, Pa., Dennis and Nancy McFarland.
- Plan-It Green Award, Ocean Lakes Family Campground, Myrtle Beach, S.C., Barb Krumm, CPO; Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park, Williamsport, Md., Vicki and Ron Vitkun; Sacred Rocks Preserve, Boulevard, Calif., The Courmousis.
Meanwhile, the new executive committee for the board of directors for the National Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds is as follows
- Chairman David L. Berg, CPO, Red Apple Campground, Kennebunkport, Maine, previously second vice chairman.
- First Vice Chairman Rob Schutter, CPO, Leisure Systems Inc., Milford, Ohio, re-elected to the board at-large seat, previously secretary.
- Second Vice Chairwoman Marcia Galvin, CPO, Normandy Farms Family Camping Resort, Foxboro, Mass.
- Secretary Michael Gelfand, Terra Vista Management, Rancho Santa Fe, Calif.
- Treasurer Patrick O'Neill, CPO, Destin, Fla.
- Past Chairman Mark Anderson, CPO, Camp Chautauqua, Stow, N.Y., previously chairman.
- President Linda Profaizer, CEO, ARVC, Larkspur, Colo.