CalARVC Seminar Looks at Park Trailer Industry
The California Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds (CalARVC) will sponsor a day-long seminar titled "Everything & Anything You Need to Know About Park Trailers" Jan. 13 at Newport Dunes RV & Waterfront Resort in Newport Beach, Calif.
A panel of park owners, operators and vendors will cover these issues:
- Pros and cons of renting park trailers for vacation use, including marketing, usage policies, housekeeping issues and maintenance.
- Pros and cons of long-term leases for seasonal/annual use, including marketing, policies on out-buildings, landscaping, age limits and upkeep.
- How and whether to purchase, lease and financing considerations.
- John Pentacost, an attorney with Hart, King & Coldren, who will speak on the state's eviction law for park trailers.
- Brad Harward of California Housing and Community Development, who will speak on the state's laws regulating park trailers, from park trailer design to installation.
- William Garpow of the Recreational Park Trailer Industry Association (RPTIA), will provide an update on industry trends, new products and innovations.
The fee is $75 for the first attendee and $65 for each additional attendee.
Lunch will include brief introdutions from the program sponors. A tour of the resort's park trailers also will be available.
For more information, contact CalARVC at (530) 885-1624.