Optional College Credit at National Campground School

February 9, 2010 by   - () Comments Off on Optional College Credit at National Campground School

The National Association of RV Parks & Campgrounds (ARVC), the ARVC Foundation and Northern Arizona University (NAU) announced that college credit is now available as an option for participants in the Foundation’s National School of RV Park and Campground Management, according to a news release.

“The school’s board of regents and the ARVC Foundation are pleased to offer another benefit from the school,” said Cheryl Smith, ARVC education director. “Through this effort we hope to encourage college students to consider campground management as a career emphasis and to help our participants fulfill their educational goals. Northern Arizona University has been a partner with ARVC in industry research and this is a natural match.”

The college credit will be offered through Northern Arizona University’s accredited Parks and Recreation Management program. Details on the college credit option will be provided at the time of registration.

Completion of the School, which is a two-year management school held for one week at a time over two years, also helps to qualify students for the “Fast Track” program for the ARVC RV park and campground industry’s Certified Park Operator (CPO) designation. Completion of the school, along with attendance at two national or state industry conventions and two-year’s experience in the industry will completely meet the CPO requirements.

Aside from the academic and certification benefits, participants will receive outstanding instruction from industry experts and real-life discussions with RV park and campground operators that represent all regions and aspects of the RV park and campground industry. Most students have reported the school experience to be the turning point toward their success.

The National School of RV Park & Campground Management will be offered Feb. 16-20 at the Oglebay Resort in Wheeling, W. Va. Only a few openings are left. To register, go to or call the Oglebay National Training Center at (304) 243-4126.

In addition to the cost of attending the School, students must pay for registration in the Parks and Recreation Management program at NAU to earn college credits.


Comments are closed.