Virtual Expo Names First Sponsors and Exhibitors
The Virtual Outdoor Hospitality Expo, slated for Nov. 1-3 on the Internet, has announced the names of the initial sponsors and exhibitors who have already committed to have a presence at the show.
Campground Expo, the expo’s production company, has also announced members of the advisory board who are assisting in the production of the event. At this writing, 20 suppliers of goods and services to the industry will be at the expo designed to provide all outdoor hospitality businesses an opportunity to learn, network and shop from the convenience of their office or home, according to a news release
Perhaps because of the low-cost of exhibiting and the absence of ancillary costs usually associated with an event of this type, the expo has already acquired eight gold or silver sponsorships and four media sponsorships from the initial 21 participants.
- The gold sponsors are Best Parks in America and David Gorin Associates, Leisure Interactive (dba: Friend Communications), MCPS for Campgrounds and Pelland Advertising.
- Silver sponsorships are Checkbox Systems, Evergreen Insurance & Leavitt Recreation.
- Media sponsors for the expo include Ask Turf & The Park and Rec Trades, Campground & RV Park e-News and Woodalls Campground Management. The expo is still seeking a platinum or title sponsor whose name will appear above the expo.
- Exhibitors who have joined the growing list of exhibitors are AGS, CA World Wi-Fi, Campground Automation, Campground Manager, Campground Master, Leisure Systems Inc. (Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park Camp-Resorts), Pinnacle Park Homes, Trailer Life, Good Sam Club and Woodalls.
There are 14 other businesses, plus several state or regional outdoor hospitality associations who have committed to the expo, but who have not yet submitted their paperwork, therefore their names have been withheld at the present time. Producers will be announcing their names as they formally register.
Art Lieberman and Deanne Bower, the expo’s producers, have been fortunate in acquiring the services of industry leaders for the advisory board of the expo. The board has held several meetings to discuss policy, innovation, marketing and the educational portion of the event. Many of the board members have been part of the event planning since the very idea of the expo occurred. They are:
- Deb Kohls of Leisure Interactive will be organizing and supervising the educational portion of the expo which includes keynote speakers, webinars and the “Open Forum” discussions held during the three days of the expo.
- David Gorin’s huge experience in the campground industry has made him invaluable to the board. As a past president of the National Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds (ARVC) and an instructor in campground management, he has insights into that industry that few people have.
- Peter Pelland has dozens of years of experience working with campgrounds and campground associations alike on their websites and in advertising. Pelland has been a sponsor of many of the state and regional shows, particularly in the Northeast.
- Jim Ganley of Checkbox Systems has been a major influence in campground’s recognition of having Wi-Fi at their facility. He also has been an advocate of assisting in informing campgrounds about PCI Compliance.
- Chris Hipple of Leavitt Recreation, who recently joined the board, has experience outside of the campground industry but in outdoor recreation adding his knowledge and ideas.
The producers are currently working on acquiring more exhibitors and planning the blitz of advertising to possible attendees which they believe will draw a huge audience to their innovative event. For further information on the Expo contact Campground Expo at (877) 901-EXPO. Booth and sponsorship applications are online at: www.outdoorhospitalityexpo.com. Their fax number is (866) 605-1388.