The Great Outdoors is Focus of June Activities
Excitement is growing across the nation about plans for Great Outdoors Week and Great Outdoors Month 2010, according to a news release.
Great Outdoors Month celebrates a variety of important events and actions that occur during June, and highlights the benefits of active fun outdoors and shared resources of forests, parks, refuges and other public lands and waters. Great Outdoors Week (June 7-12) showcases efforts enhancing outdoor recreation for all Americans in the 21st century through awards, briefings and other events in the nation’s capital.
Great Outdoors Week is coordinated by the American Recreation Coalition (ARC) and includes events co-hosted by more than a dozen federal agencies and national organizations. Great Outdoors Week’s schedule will feature:
- A special presentation of the Beacon Awards – honoring innovative uses of technology in public lands management – at the Patuxent Wildlife Refuge.
- An ice cream social with “celebrity scoopers” from the public land management agencies followed by a walk on the National Mall.
- A presentation of theLegends Awards honoring outstanding public land management employees.
- The Recreational Trails Program award ceremony and briefing.
- A Recreation Exchange Luncheon.
- A youth fishing event on the National Mall.
To read the full story, visit:www.funoutdoors.com.