3 ELS Parks Earn Top 10 Oregon Rating
Equity LifeStyle Properties Inc. announced that three of its Oregon-based campgrounds have been named to the Top 10 Oregon Campground Locations, by Northwest Travel Tips.
The awarded campgrounds include Seaside, Bend-Sunriver and Mount Hood, which are part of Equity LifeStyle Properties’ portfolio of Northwest campgrounds.
The campgrounds named to the Top 10 list were chosen based on a broad set of criteria, which includes: scenic features nearby; interesting attractions nearby that stimulated learning; amenities for adults and kids; clean and well kept; easy access; a peaceful environment; and safe and secure.
Seaside was rated No. 1, Bend-Sunriver No 2 and Mount Hood No. 5.
The rest of the list follows:
- Jessie Honeymoon State Park.
- Mazama Campground at Crater Lake National Park.
- Mount Hood Village.
- Viento State Park.
- Joseph Stewart State Park.
- Broggans Resort.
- Clyde Holliday State Park.
- Valley of the Rogue State Park.
In a news release, ELS had this to say about its award-winning parks:
- Seaside, located in Seaside, offers its guests both indoor and outdoor recreation facilities, which include an indoor pool and spa, sports courts, fitness room, BBQ patio, and miniature golf, making the campground a year-round destination. Both scenic and historic sites surround the campground and visitors have the opportunity to go whale watching, hiking, biking, salt-water fishing and swimming. Indoor activities include nearby Lewis & Clark historical sites, the air museum, Seaside Aquarium and the factory outlet stores.
- Bend-Sunriver is situated on 289 acres in Bend. Located on the Little Deschutes River, the campground offers its guests the opportunity to spend the summers fishing in the area’s rivers and lakes, which are stocked full of salmon, whitefish and rainbow trout. Additional warm weather activities include boating, swimming, hiking and horseback riding. Come the winter months, Mount Bachelor Ski Resort is located minutes away. Bend-Sunriver offers an abundance of additional amenities, which includes sports courts, canoes, country store, kayaks, spa, and swimming pool.
- Mount Hood Village is located in Welches. Mount Hood’s guests have nearby access to a 27-hole golf course, over 700 groomed hiking trails, rock climbing, bird watching, mountain biking, miniature golf and fishing, and the Alpine Slide, located in the Mount Hood National Forest. Located minutes away, the historic Timberline Lodge is the only U.S. location that offers year-round skiing and snowboarding. Mount Hood Village is also home to its highly anticipated annual Huckleberry Festival and Salmon-Mushroom Festival. Additional amenities include a heated indoor swimming pool and spa, fitness center, the Village Store, sports courts and banquet facilities.
“We are thrilled to have such a strong presence on the Top 10 Oregon Campground Locations list. As the 2010 camping season enters peak season, we are looking forward to welcoming both new and returning guests,” said Ellen Kelleher, executive vice president of property management.
To read the entire article in Northwest Travel Tips, click here.