Tennessee ARVC Holds Successful Meeting
The Tennessee Campground Conference and Trade Show, held Aug. 10-12 at the Misty River RV Resort and Cabins in Walland, Tenn., was one of the best, according to Tennessee campground owners.
“The feedback was excellent,” said Rob Halcrow, president. “We hosted about 30 attendees and their families. We received notes from campground owners that this was one of the best conferences they have attended.”
A Comcast representative attended a Cracker Barrel session to discuss the switch to digital and how it will affect campgrounds.
“This is looking to become a national issue for all of us,” Halcrow said.
Approximately 15 vendors displayed their products and services at the trade show.
- “Inside Secrets on Preparing Your Business to Sell in Today’s Market,” by Dick Deward.
- “Tax Strategies,” by Jamie Singleton.
- “Tourism,” by Steve Morris, director of tourism, University of Tennesee.
- “Propane Demonstration.”
- “Disaster Planning,” by Nichole Poisson, Evergreen Insurance.
- “Retailing,” by Dexter Cook, Camco.
- “Camping in Today’s World,” by Jeff Sims.
Officers elected include:
- President Rob Halcrow, Caney Creek RV Resort & Marina, Harriman.
- President-elect Jimmy Felton, Misty River RV Resort & Cabins, Walland.
- Treasurer Barbara Johnson, Big Meadow Family Campground, Townsend.
- Secretary Kim Skinner, Deer Run RV Resort, Crossville.
- Immediate past-president Jim Zabrowski, Nashville Country RV Park.
Lake View RV Park on Boone Lake in Bluff City, Tenn., was awarded Large Campground of the Year and Manchester KOA, Manchester, Tenn., received the Small Campground of the Year award.
The next meeting will be held sometime in August 2011.