Virtual Outdoor Hospitality Expo Firms Up Agenda
Deb Kohls of Leisure Interactive and the educational director of the Virtual Outdoor Hospitality Expo has announced six of the eight webinars and open forums which will take place at the expo Nov. 1-3 on the Internet.
As previously announced, these programs will be scheduled into time slots to be viewed live and interactively by attendees but also will be recorded and viewable for an additional 90 days when the expo is in the “on demand” status, according to a news release.
Here’s the partial agenda:
- The programs will kick off with a keynote address by Derrick Crandall at 1 p.m. on Nov. 1. Crandall’s topic is “Let’s Move” – discussing
how campgrounds can play a key role in raising a new generation of campers and taking advantage of the First Lady Michelle Obama’s initiative to get children outdoors and recreating. David Gorin will act as moderator for the presentation and discussion that follows.
- At 3 p.m. Robyn Chilson of Brookdale Family Campground, Mary Arlington of High Plains Camping and Tracie Fischer, a principal of Campground Manager Today, will discuss “Social Media – Practical Applications for Your Business.”
- Scheduled to close out the opening day of the expo at 4 p.m., Tyler Duffy of Campground Automation, Peter Kearns of Campground Manager, Stan Speilbach of Campground Master and Gary Pace of, Leisure I Interactive, Hercules will be participating in an Open Forum on Campground Reservation Software.
- On Tuesday, Nov. 2, attendees may be enjoying lunch live with Evanne Schmarder on her RV Cooking Show at 1 p.m.
- At 3 p.m. Stephen Ashkin and Larry Losconszy will team up to discuss “Sustainability – Defining Green.” Ashkin is often regarded as the “Father of Green Cleaning” and has nearly 30 years of experience in the commercial cleaning industry. Losconszy is the president of “Clean up America” and a well known writer of articles pertaining to a “green” environment.
- Tuesday’s presentation concludes with “Wi-FI: Emerging Trends and Guest Expectations.” This Open Forum will feature Wi-Fi leaders Jim Ganley of Checkbox Systems, David Gould of CA World Wi-Fi and Eric Stumberg and Frank Drew of TengoInternet.
- The final day of the Expo, Mike Prom, a renowned speaker, owner/operator of Voyageur Canoe Outfitters at the end of Minnesota’s Gunflint Trail since 1993 and past president of the Paddlesports Industry Association will speak about “Effective E-Salesmanship” which will inform attendees of how to maintain connections with guests after they leave your facility. Prom will discuss the steps to gain permission and maintain effective sales strategies for reconnecting your business to your profitable guests.
Two more webinars are being scheduled but have not been confirmed as of this writing. All of the webinars and the open forums will be interactive and attendees may ask questions in chat LIVE.
Information about the Virtual Outdoor Hospitality Expo can be found at their website at www.outdoorhospitalityexpo.com or by calling them at 877-901-EXPO (3976). Website designed and maintained by Pelland Advertising.