Virtual Outdoor Hospitality Expo Opens Today
The first Virtual Outdoor Hospitality Expo starts today (Nov. 1) and runs through Wednesday on the Internet. Daily expo hours are noon to 6 p.m. EST.
The event features a variety of speakers pertaining to campgrounds and RV parks along with over 60 exhibitors where visitors can chat online, view video demonstrations and download product brochures, according to a news release.
Log onto www.outdoorhospitalityexpo.com to visit the expo. When loaded, click the full screen button for optimum viewing.
Derrick Crandall, president of the American Recreation Coalition, kicks off the day with a keynote address titled “Let’s Move” starting at 1 p.m. Crandall will discuss how campgrounds can play a key role in contributing to raising a new generation of campers and taking advantage of First Lady Michelle Obama’s initiative to get children outdoors and recreating.
Other presenters today are:
- At 3 p.m., the topic of “Social Media: Practical Applications for your Business” will be discussed by a panel composed of Robyn Chilson, Brookdale Family Campground; Tracie Fischer, principal, Campground Manager Today; and Mary Arlington, High Plains Camping.
- At 4 p.m., “Reservation Systems” will be addressed by Tyler Duffy, Campground Automation; Peter Kearns, Campground Manager; Stan Spielbusch, Campground Master; Gary Pace, Leisure Interactive, Hercules; and Jerome Staverosky, RVTripsetter.
Tuesday’s agenda features:
- At 1 p.m., Evanne Schmarder, “America’s RV chef” and creator of RVCookingShow.com,, will present a “live” cooking show demonstration.
- At 3 p.m., “Sustainability: Defining Green,” will be addreseds by Seve Ashkin, president, Ashkin Group, “Father of Green Cleaning;” and Larry Losconszy, president of Clean Up America.
- At 4 p.m., “Wi –Fi : Emerging Trends and Guest Expectations” will be presented by Jim Ganley, Checkbox; Eric Stumberg and Frank Drew of TengoInternet; and David Gould, CA World Wi-FI.
Wednesday’s agenda features:
- At 1 p.m., Mike Prom, Zenith Zone Consulting Group, will discuss “Effective E-Salesmanship: How do you maintain connections with your guests after they leave?” Prom will discuss the important steps to gaining permission and then maintaining effective sales strategies for reconnecting your business with your profitable guests.