Michigan ARVC Seeking New Executive
The Michigan Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds (Michigan ARVC) has begun a search for a new executive director.
Wayne Purchase, longtime state association executive and campground owner, sold his campground this fall and subsequently resigned his position with Michigan ARVC.
According to a job posting, the selection committee for the position of executive director will be looking for the following qualifications.
- Bachelors degree (preferred).
- Five years experience within any one or combination of the following– association management, travel, tourism, hospitality orrecreation industries.
- Strong leader who is self motivated with ability to plan and organize.
- Knowledgeable in advertising, marketing and social media.
- Previous involvement in producing newsletters and directories both electronically and printed. Includes brainstorming content, composing text and editing.
- Skillful in the use of Windows, online QuickBooks financial software, MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), e-mail and desktop publishing programs.
- Exceptional communication skills, including experience addressing large and small groups for seminars and training sessions, as well as the media.
- Willingness to travel in-state and nationwide.
- Develops and operates within a budget.
- Ability to work well with an involved board of directors.
- Set up and execute state conventions with exhibitors.
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with existing membership, and recruit new members.
Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements by Jan. 12 to: ARVC Selection Committee, 1339 Weiss St., Frankenmuth, MI 48734, or e-mail: email@example.com.