ARVC Notes 2010 InSites Convention Survey
Are you interested in how well the past 2010 Outdoor Hospitality Conference & Expo in Las Vegas performed? If so, the National Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds (ARVC) has conducted two surveys, an exhibitor survey and an attendee survey (primarily focused on educational seminars), and is sharing the results.
Overall, the results show that this past year’s conference and expo were a success, ARVC stated in a recent ARVC Flash report
Here are some quick findings:
Exhibitor Survey (survey of those companies that chose to exhibit at the expo)
- 58% thought the foot traffic in the expo hall was either ‘Good’ or ‘Excellent.’
- 93% rated the expo regarding interested buyers as ‘Average’, ‘Good’ or ‘Excellent.’
- 67% of exhibitors said they would return to Las Vegas for another ARVC Outdoor Hospitality Conference & Expo in the future.
- 57% of exhibitors said they would prefer to have the expo in a different location every year as opposed to 3.8% of who said they would prefer the same location or 38% who said they would prefer to have the expo in three locations in a three-year rotation.
- 65% of exhibitors said they would not like to change the time of year that the show occurs.
- 77% of exhibitors said that they were either ‘Very Likely’ or ‘Definitely’ planning to exhibit at the 2011 Outdoor Hospitality Expo in Savannah, Ga.
- 84% of the respondents signed up for full-registrations at last year’s conference.
- 79% of respondents said that attending the educational seminars at the Conference was ‘Extremely Important.’
- 74% said that attending the Conference to stay abreast of the latest industry news was also ‘Extremely Important’ and 64% said that attending the conference to get ideas from other colleagues was a main reason they attend.
- The majority of attendees, 53%, said they preferred a mix of free on-site events and paid events (on their own).
- 68% of respondents rated the ARVC conference as either ‘Valuable’ or ‘Very Valuable.’
- 63% said that they were either ‘Likely’ or ‘Very Likely’ to attend the 2011 conference in Savannah.