Blue Ridge Parkway Campgrounds Set to Open
Campgrounds along the Blue Ridge Parkway will begin opening Friday (April 1).
The National Park System has set this year’s opening and closing dates for campgrounds, picnic areas, visitor centers and other destinations along the Parkway, which stretches 469 miles from Great Smoky Mountains National Park to the Shenandoah National Park in Virginia, the Times-News, Hendersonville, N.C., reported.
Campground opening schedule follows:
- Linville Falls will open Friday and close Oct. 31.
- Otter Creek will open Friday and close Nov. 1.
- Doughton Park, which is under construction, will open in mid-July and close Oct. 31.
- Peaks of Otter will open May 13 and close Nov. 1.
- Mount Pisgah Campground and all other campgrounds will open May 13 and close Oct. 31.