CalARVC Points to April 26 Lobbying Effort
Editor’s Note: In promoting its upcoming “Day in Sac” lobbying effort with California state legislators in Sacramento, the California Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds (CalARVC) points out some impressive statistics about the impact of the state’s public and private campground industry. From CalARVC’s Wednesday Morning Coffee Talk & Updates comes the following information:
California RV Park & Campground Industry
- Campers staying at California commercial RV parks/campgrounds spent $3.1 billion.
- Campers staying at public campgrounds spent $600 million.
- 4.4 million Californians camped in California RV parks and campgrounds.
- 681,200 out-of-state campers camped in California RV parks and campgrounds.
- California has over 700 commercial campgrounds with over 90,000 spaces to choose from.
- California has 115 state park campgrounds with over 14,000 state park camping spaces to choose from.
- California has over 850 national forest campgrounds and another 200 public agency campgrounds to choose from.
California is the No. 1 travel destination in the United States (2009 statistics):
- $87.7 billion in goods and services by domestic and international visitors.
- Tourism supported jobs for 881,000 Californians.
- Over one quarter of all spending in the state from non-resident travelers.
- $15.6 billion spent in California by international travelers alone.