Jellystone Parks Earn High Woodall’s Rankings
Jellystone Park Camp-Resorts are among the highest rated campgrounds in the country, with 20% of Jellystone Parks receiving 5W/5W ratings in the 2011 edition of the Woodall’s North American Campground Directory, according to a news release.
“We’re obviously pleased that Woodall’s finds many our parks worthy of their highest ratings,” said Rob Schutter, COO of Milford, Ohio-based Leisure Systems Inc., which is actively recruiting high quality independent parks to join the Jellystone Park franchise system, according to a news release.
While Jellystone parks are famous for offering their guests unique family activities and special themed weekends, the Woodall’s rankings focus on the park’s recreational and physical facilities, including its physical grounds, roads, campsites, hookups, and restrooms.
Woodall’s rates park by assigning them 1W to 5W ratings for both park facilities and recreation.
According to the Woodall’s 2011 directory, top rated parks in the Jellystone Park system are located in the following cities:
- Amboy, Ill.: Amenities include a double-plume waterslide, miniature golf, a gem-mining sluice, an outdoor movie theater, two entertainment stages and four playgrounds, plus three swimming pools, two kiddie pools, two adult spas and two fishing lakes with paddle boat and kayak rentals. The 700-site campground also offers a variety of rental accommodations, including discovery tents, cabins, cottages and park models.
- Fremont, Ind.: This park features three outdoor pools, one indoor pool, a splash park, and a ZoomFlume waterslide that includes a speed and tube slide. The park also offers miniature golf. Rental accommodations include rustic and deluxe cabins.
- Lawrence, Kan.: Amenities at this park include a swimming pool and jumping pillow as well as pedal car and canoe rentals. The park also offers RV rentals in addition to cabin and park model accommodations.
- Hagerstown, Md.: This park features two 400-foot water slides, Ranger’s Revenge and Picnic Plunge, and a 3,200-square-foot heated interactive pool with a beach entry full of bubblers, an 8-foot Raindrop, built-in seating for adults with hydro-therapy jets, fountain jets that spray across the width of the pool, plus volleyball nets. Other amenities include a new Water Wars battle station, LaZer Tag, a 1,000-foot pedal cart track and miniature golf. Accommodations include luxury and cozy cabins.
- Frankenmuth, Mich.: Amenities at this park include miniature golf, a 25- by 52-foot indoor pool and a 12- by 12-foot adults only hot tub. Rental trailers and cabins are also available.
- Austin, Minn.: This southern Minnesota park features a new jumping pillow, three water slides, a gem mining sluice, cycle and pedal cart rentals, mini golf, animal petting pens, kids train and hay wagon rides, fishing ponds and pedal boats. Rental accommodations include rustic and park model cabins.
- Pelahatchie, Miss.: Amenities at this park include mini golf, wagon rides, a fishing lake, outdoor theater and a splash playground with a huge picnic basket that dumps water. The park also offers cabin and lodge rentals.
- North Hudson, N.Y.: This upstate New York park has a jumping pillow, a gem mining sluice, train rides, pedal carts and a ceramics center. Rental accommodations include rustic cabins, park models and trailers.
- Gardiner, N.Y.: Located in New York’s famed Hudson River Valley, this park offers loft and gable roof cabin rentals in addition to RV and tent sites. The park is close to many popular tourist attractions, including Springwood, the estate of Franklin Delano Roosevelt and site of the nation’s first Presidential Library; the U.S. Military Academy at West Point; the Vanderbilt Museum and Garden; and the historic town of Newburgh, which is home to the Orange County Choppers, a custom motorcycle manufacturer featured on the Discovery Channel.
- Woodridge, N.Y.: This park, situated in the Catskill Mountains, offers outdoor laser tag, two children’s playgrounds, a five-acre lake stocked with bass and bluegills, rowboat and paddleboat rentals and fire truck rides. Cabin, park model and trailer rentals are also available.
- Aurora, Ohio: Amenities at this park include a 50-acre spring fed lake with a sandy beach and swimming zone; a swimming pool and kiddie pool; canoe, kayak and rowboat rentals; miniature golf; pedal cart rentals; wagon rides and four playgrounds. Cabin and cottage rentals are also available.
- Harrisville, Pa.: This park, which just recently joined the Jellystone Park chain, offers a swimming pool, miniature golf, four-wheel bike rentals and hiking trails. Rental cabins, park models and yurts are also available.
- Mill Run, Pa.: This park’s amenities include paint ball, mini golf, a mining sluice, two swimming pools, waterslides, and a splash park. The park also has a professional massage therapist. Rental accommodations range from basic cabins to park models and RVs.
- Gatlinburg, Tenn.: Located near Great Smoky Mountains National Park, this wooded and scenic park features swimming and kiddie pools, a playground, miniature golf and a Yogi Theater. Rental accommodations include rustic and deluxe cabins.
- Caledonia, Wis.: Amenities at this park include a dunk tank, a jumping pillow, fishing pond, splashground with two waterslides, carpet ball (a cross between shuffleboard and pool) and an outdoor theater. Cabin rentals are also available.
- Wisconsin Dells, Wis.: This park offers a water playground with water slides and rental accommodations range from basic cabins to park models and yurts.
- Niagara Falls, Ontario: This park features a large heated pool and kiddie pool, an 18 hole miniature golf course, pedal cart rentals, wagon rides and a movie theatre. Shuttle rides to the falls are also available as well as cabin and park model rentals.