'RV Cooking Show' Announces Flying Flags Events
"The RV Cooking Show" five-episode series – "Food, Fun & Friends at Flying Flags" – which will commence filming this week, has attracted a large number of local luminaries and foodie stars.
Each episode will be filmed on location and highlight the beauty, tastes and personality of the Santa Barbara/Santa Ynez Valley food and fun scene, according to a news release. There will be something for everybody that loves to travel and loves to eat. Several Flying Flags and "RV Cooking Show" friends are scheduled to share their stories in the series.
- David Walker of the craft brewery Firestone Walker will appear in the "Taste of Flying Flags" episode.
- Theo Stephan, author and founder of the local Global Gardens food line, will take us on a tour of her olive grove in the "Local & Luscious" show.
- Giorgio Curti of the renowned Santa Ynez eatery Trattoria Grappolo will teach us how to prepare an amazing and easy Italian feast in a beautiful park model cottage for the "Gourmet Guests" episode.
- Monte Roberts, the man who listens to horses and owns Flag Is Up Farms, sits down to share his thoughts on the area and his legacy in our "Dinner and a Movie" show.
- Serving sensational sweet treats from their classic Shasta travel trailer at the Friday, April 29, live "Party in Paradise" event will be Kevin Vander Vliet of Enjoy Cupcakes.
This partial list of local places and faces sets the stage for a terrific series.
“It is a testament to the excellence and community standing of Flying Flags RV Resort to be able to attract such successful, sincere and interesting subjects – both local celebrities and the fantastic products and experiences they produce – to the "Food, Fun and Friends at Flying Flags RV Cooking Show" series,” remarked producer and host Evanne Schmarder. “We’ve already had the opportunity to visit with several of them and believe me, they will be an absolute pleasure to watch.”
“The terrific support from our area establishments is wonderful and doesn’t surprise me at all. Not only does this series promote the fabulous food scene and spotlight the diverse attractions in Santa Barbara's Wine Country, but it also demonstrates to RVers and campers across the nation – even across the globe – that our brand of travel and entertainment here in the Valley is really very special. We can’t wait for the series to air,” added Dan Baumann, resort manager, Flying Flags RV Resort.
In addition to the individual episodes, Flying Flags RV Resort and the "RV Cooking Show" are partnering with participating businesses to benefit the Santa Barbara County Food Bank. Both live shows, "Party in Paradise" for resort guests on Friday, April 29, and the open to the public "Dinner and a Movie" event on Saturday, April 30 will include raffle prizes generously provided by series participants and other local businesses with all monies collected to be donated to help end hunger.
Episodes will be available in time for the summer travel season. For more information about the upcoming "Food, Fun & Friends at Flying Flags" series contact Schmarder at evanne@RVCookingShow.com or (702) 460-9863.