Small Country Campground Adds Many Features
No Kings Dominion or Disney World (yet), but Small Country Campground in central Virginia is adding lots of fun entertainment features in 2011 to compete with the best.
All of these entertainment centers and new activities follow two years of construction that doubled the number of camping sites and tripled the number of bathhouse facilities, including an upgraded 50-site area primarily for tenters and popups, according to a news release from the Louisa, Va., campground.
Among the new features, according to the release, are the following:
- A new giant water trampoline is all ready to go into Lake Ruth Ann near the existing diving platform, beside the upgraded beach newly equipped with lounge chairs and umbrellas.
- A new Spray Park is being added to the expanding pool area in the center of the park..
- A giant Jumping Pillow will be installed in June – some 60 by 33 feet in size – to accommodate kids and adults alike.
- The central playground is being refurbished and a volleyball court added, along with portable basketball hoops and a number of other portable games. A recreation director is joining the staff to organize games for children and adults.
- A new fishing pier has been built along the edge of 25-acre Lake Ruth Ann, and a new dock is available at the upgraded boat ramp (no gas powered boats allowed). Kayaks, john boats and paddle boats also are available for rental.
- The game room now offers multiple pool tables and electronic games to delight folks of all ages. Tournaments and activities will fill the hall.
- The main pavilion has a new 24-foot-by-55-foot deck to accommodate parties and dancing.
- A new tram that will circle the campground is pulled by an authentic rebuilt 1947 Allis Chalmers tractor, while the old hay wagon has been totally rebuilt for weekend hayrides.
Small Country offers Wi-Fi and satellite TV free, new in 2010. For details call (540) 967-2431.