Tents for Troops Adds 10 Members; Now in 30 States
It was another successful week for Castle Rock, Wash.-based Tents for Troops, the organization providing free camping for active military.
The program was started at Toutle River RV Resort and now has members in 30 states.
“It was a busy week; when all was said and done, 10 new parks had joined up,” Lucas Karn, a volunteer with the organization, stated in a news release. “We are extremely happy and thankful that these new parks have joined. Each one is unique and a lot of fun.”
The new members are:
- Lightner Creek Campground and Cabins in Durango, Colo. The campground is 27 acres of beautiful mountain scenery with a clear mountain stream. Lightner Creek also offers camper cabins to the military. Their website is www.camplightnercreek.com.
- Wakeda Campground LLC in Hampton Falls, N.H. Just eight miles from Hampton Beach, this park offers fun for people of all ages. From miniature golf to pancake breakfasts on Sunday morning, this park has enough activities and attractions to put a smile on anyone’s face. Their website is www.wakedacampground.com.
- Camp Taylor Campground in Columbia, N.J. This campground is situated on 400 acres of forest and mountains of northwest New Jersey. Located on the campground is the Lakota Wolf Preserve, and you can hear the wolfs howling from your campfire at night. Their website is www.camptaylor.com.
- Diamond M Ranch Resort in Kenai, Alaska. This breathtakingly beautiful park is a very special place. Diamond M Ranch has historically accurate re-creations of Gold Rush era buildings, painstakingly recreated. This family owned and operated park, prides itself on being welcoming and providing you with an Alaskan experience you will never forget. Their website is www.diamondmranch.com.
- Magic Circle RV. This park is located in Wilcox, Ariz, and offers a family friendly (and pet friendly) environment, sure to provide fun for everyone. Their website is www.magiccirclerv.com.
- Mile-Away Campground in Henniker, N.H. Full of activities and attractions, this park will keep you happy whether you want to stay on site, or visit the exciting events and attractions taking place close by. Their website is www.mileaway.com.
- Parkers Crossroads RV Park and Campground. Located in Yuma, Tenn., this park features a pool, driving range, and pool tables. Their website is www.pcrvpark.com.
- PineCrest RV Park Resort. Located in Russell Springs, Ky., high on a peninsula above Lake Cumberland (which is the houseboat capital of the World), this park is great for the fishing enthusiast. PineCrest RV also has a pool, and many more activities. Their website is www.pinecrestpark.com.
- Peaceful Acres Campground in Hubbardston, Mass. With wooded sites, a stocked fishing pond, and heated indoor pool, this park really lives up to its Peaceful Acres name. Look for their website to be up and running soon.
- Woodsy Hollow Campground and RV Resort, located in Woodsy Hollow, Texas. Another family friendly park, Woodsy Hollow has its own private fishing lake, with three fishing piers, as well as a swimming pool for those that think they are fish. Their website is www.woodsyhollow.com.
More information can be found on their website www.tentsfortroops.org.