Five Parks from Four States Join Tents for Troops
Tents for Troops has just added five new parks to its roster.
The new members, according to a news release from founder Charlie Curry, owner of the Toutle River RV Resort in Castle Rock, Wash., are as follows:
- Las Cruces, N. M., KOA. http://www.lascrucescampgrounds. This park has 180-degree views of the valley and Las Cruces with spaces as long as 80 feet, a heated pool, free Wi-Fi, a great camp store and much more. When you are finished exploring Las Cruces, it is a 46-minute drive to El Paso Texas.
- Starlight Classic Campground in Canon City, Colo. http://www.starliteclassiccampground.com/. This park is just flat out cool! Take a look at their website to see some of the most unique vintage camper rentals you are apt to find anywhere. While not included in the Tents for Troops program, these vintage rentals are like going back in history and just plain fun. Starlight offers guests mini golf, a camp store and gift shop featuring unique retro gifts, large shady sites, pool and even a dog park. The park is located five miles west of Canon City. The Starlight makes the fifth RV park in Colorado to join Tents for Troops.
- America’s Best Campground in Branson, Mo. Americas Best Campground http://abc-branson.com/ has won the Good Sam Welcome Mat Award nine years in a row. Just a short ways outside of Branson, this is the perfect destination for a fantastic family vacation. The park offers a great pool & spa, gift shop, game room and much more. While in Branson you may like to visit the Veterans Memorial Museum as well. Tthis is a not to miss park for all and our first from Missouri.
- The Timber Ridge RV and Recreation Resort in Traverse City, Mich. http://timberridgeresort.net/ Timber Ridge is a true year-round resort from snowmobiling to bike parades this park has something for everyone. Timber Ridge is the third park from Michigan to join Tents for Troops. Enjoy wet-n-wild wagon rides in the summer & snowshoeing and skiing in the winter.
- My apologies go out to Indian Creek Camp and Conference Center in southern Michigan. Indian Creek joined some time ago and somehow slipped through the cracks here. A warm welcome to Indian Creek, located in Tecumseh, this park is going to be a huge hit with the kids with hay wagon rides, peddle boats, jumping pillow, volleyball and even Llamas there is plenty to do to keep you busy for days.
“Our hats are off and our hearts are out to all five of these great parks,” Curry continued. “It’s parks like these that are making Tents for Troops work. Your generosity is greatly appreciated. For those of you whom have family or friends in the military please tell them about the Tents for Troops program and ask them to check out our website http://tentsfortroops.org and to follow us on Facebook and Twitter. We now have parks in 33 states and all are anxious to personally serve those Troops who do so much for us all.”
Good Sammers, please be sure to stop by the Tents for Troops booth at The Greatest RV Rally in the World in Redmond, Oregon July 14-17. We are really happy to be invited to this great event and hope to make many new Friends from the Good Sam Club who can help us spread the word about Tents for Troops.