RV/MH Hall of Fame Announces Induction Ceremony Agenda
The 2011 class of the RV/MH Hall of Fame will be inducted at an industry banquet to be held Aug. 1 at the Hall of Fame headquarters in Elkhart, Ind.
Inductees will include a cross section of industry leadership for both the recreation vehicle and manufactured housing industries.
The program will begin with a social hour at 5:30 p.m. and include a number of awards and recognitions and presentations from a number of industry leaders including David Humphreys, retired president of the Recreation Vehicle Industry Association (RVIA) and a 1997 RV/MH Hall of Fame inductee.
The RV/MH Hall of Fame was founded in 1972 to recognize leaders of the RV and manufactured housing industries who have made considerable and lasting contributions to the growth of the industries through the years. More than 300 leaders have been inducted through the years.
The class of 2011 inductees are:
- George Allen, GFA Management, Indianapolis, Ind.
- Robert Azevedo, Alpine RV, San Francisco.
- Leonard O. Brown, West Valley View Inc., Allegany, N.Y.
- Hal Gerring, Gerring Industries, Shipshewana, Ind.
- Bill Gorman, Gorman Planning, Virginia Beach, Va.
- Larry Huttle, Airstream Inc., Jackson Center, Ohio
- James Knott, J & B Homes, Carlsbad, N.M.
- John Martin, TCA and MHI, Washington D.C.
- Mike Schneider, previously of Affinity Group Inc., Ventura, Calif.
- James F. Shea, Jr., Fairmont Homes and Gulfstream Coach Corp., Nappanee, Ind.
For more information, call the RV/MH Hall of Fame at (574) 293-2344.