Top

RV Park and Campground Briefs

July 18, 2011 by   - () Leave a Comment

WISCONSIN

From WQOW-TV, Eau Claire:

Fire crews were called to the Rockfest campgrounds in Cadott on Saturday (July 16) after an RV went up in flames.

The fire started shortly before 11 p.m. on the south side of the campgrounds, close to the concert grounds. Captain Gene Gutsch with the Chippewa County Sheriff’s Department says flames were showing from an RV parked in row J.

No one was in the RV at the time, and there were no injures. Fire crews on the grounds along with firefighters from the Cadott Fire Department were able to get the flames under control quickly.

There’s no word on how the fire started. The RV is a total loss. A corvette parked next to the camper also suffered some heat damage.

Fest goers were allowed back into that area of the campground around an hour after the fire first began.

OREGON

From KTVZ-TV, Bend:

E. Coli bacteria plaguing the well is a likely suspect for making people sick at the Elk Lake Resort near Bend.

While the culprit appears to be the drinking water, they won’t know for sure, until tests results from those who were sickened are completed.

Until then, the staff at Elk Lake has three tasks: Clean, clean and clean some more.

“We’ve bleached the entire lodge three to four times,” said owner Mitch Cole.

Several resort employees got sick at the beginning of the week. But it wasn’t apparent it could be something wrong at the resort until calls from guests started to come in a few days later.

“That’s when we started doing testing of the water and disinfecting of the lodge building,” said Cole.

But even with quick action, dozens of visitors to the busy lake fell ill.

There have been no reports of illness from people staying in campgrounds around the Elk Lake area. The water supply for campground facilities comes from a separate water source managed by the U.S. Forest Service.

From the Statesman-Journal:

The Indian Henry Campground on the Clackamas River near Estacada has been closed because of hazardous trees.

Officials with the Mt. Hood National Forest said that the last campers were out of the campground on Friday, and that people holding reservations would be notified about camping options or offered refunds.

The decision to close the 86-campsite recreation area was made after several shallow-rooted hemlock trees blew down within the campground.

No campsites were affected, and no people were injured, but the situation indicates a serious safety concern, the acting district ranger said.

“Indian Henry is a very special place for so many people,” Brad Siemens said, “It is one of our largest and most popular campgrounds; however we must err on the side of public safety.”

Comments

Feel free to leave a comment...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!





Bottom