Alberta Adds Reservations to 8 Parks in 2012
Albertans all over the province will be able to reserve spots at one of eight new campgrounds and 71 group sites which are all slated to open in 2012.
The campgrounds will be available for online booking on Feb. 21, 2012, according to ctvcalgary.ca.
The new sites are at the following provincial parks:
- Beauvais Lake Provincial Park near Pincher Creek.
- Chain Lakes Provincial Park near Nanton.
- Fish Lake Provincial Recreation Area near Rocky Mountain House.
- Medicine Lake Provincial Recreation Area near Rimbey.
- William A. Switzer Provincial Park: Jarvis Lake campground near Hinton.
- Cypress Hills Interprovincial Park: Spruce Coulee, Reesor Lake and Battle Creek campgrounds near Medicine Hat.
“We are very excited to add these campgrounds and services to our award-winning reservation service,” said Tourism, Parks and Recreation Minister Cindy Ady. “With more than 300,000 reservations since 2009, we know visitors appreciate the convenience of booking online.”
The 71 provincial group camping areas will also be available for online and phone reservations on Reserve.AlbertaParks.ca or by calling (877) 537-2757.
Reservations for these sites can be made for the whole 2012 season.
The remaining 58 group camping areas will take reservations by phone on Jan. 3, 2012, and will be added to the website in the future.
Sixteen Alberta heritage attractions have also been added to the website for the convenience of online booking.