Tents for Troops Seeks Help with Feasibility Study
Tents for Troops (T4T), www.TentsforTroops.org, the nationwide network of RV parks and campgrounds offering complimentary camping to active military and their families, seeks assistance with a feasibility study.
T4T is interested in studying the possibility of offering the use of RVs to troops nationwide at no cost to them. The scope of this program could prove very large, therefore T4T is in need of a great deal of input in determining program viability, according to a news release.
According to the Recreation Vehicle Industry Association (RVIA), 7.7% of the nation’s active military camped in an RV in the past six months. Based on a Septe. 27 comScore, Inc. report that equates to approximately 115,000 troops.
T4T is interested in establishing how such a program may operate and examining the logistics of such an undertaking in the following areas:
- Demand for such a program and the number/type of RVs most suitable.
- Optimum location to work from – near major military bases, major population areas, etc.
- Administration and housing of RVs – possibilities may include national or regional RV retailers and/or service centers, national or regional RV rental firms, retail big box chains, auto or truck rental firms, military bases.
- Fleet maintenance – modeled on the Cruise America/Jiffy Lube program.
- Designing and locating a pilot program if deemed appropriate.
- Examining long- and short-term funding requirements, funding sources and self-sustainability.
T4T welcomes assistance from every corner of the RV and outdoor hospitality industry whether it’s simply a comment or observation or staff time to commit to the feasibility study. As noted, this project is in an exploratory phase. With help from those in the industry, T4T can determine whether to move forward with this RV availability project.
Interested parties are encouraged to contact Tents for Troops founder Charlie Curry at (360) 274-7915 or TentsforTroops@aol.com.
About Tents for Troops
Tents for Troops is a network of RV parks and campgrounds across the United States that make available, at minimum, two nights of free camping to active members of the military and their immediate family. Park participants are asked to commit to providing two sites for two nights upon request. Network members are listed on the Tents for Troops website at www.TentsforTroops.org. Parks interested in joining this program may contact founder Charlie Curry at TentsforTroops@aol.com or (360) 274-7915. Details can be found at www.TentsforTroops.org. You may also become a Tents for Troops Facebook fan.