PCOA Preps for 48th State Convention
The Pennsylvania Campground Owners Association (PCOA) is putting the final touches on its 48th convention, to be held Dec. 5-7 at the Erie Bayfront Convention Center and Sheraton Hotel in Erie, Pa.
The event will bring together campground owners from across the Keystone State for educational seminars, a trade show and a dozen roundtable discussions.
"This year's convention location will wow you! PCOA President Mark Wineman said in promoting the convention."The newly constructed convention center sits along the shores of Lake Erie and offers a view of Presque Isle."
Highlights of the convention agenda follow:
- Sunday–Pre-convention trip to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, sponsored by Evergreen Insurance; Sunday evening shuttle to Presque Isle Downs Casino
- Monday–Pesticide training for continuing credits and testing; Camp Fun recreational program with Vicki Cole; trade show; first-timers session; cracker barrel; and PCOA auction.
- Tuesday–Trade show continues; educational seminars; banquet, annual meeting and election.
- Wednesday–Educational seminars; awards luncheon; and roundtables
The following slate of officers will be voted on at the convention:
- President, Mark Wineman, Kalyumet Campground, Cooksburg.
- Vice president, JasonVaughan, Mountain Vista Campground, East Stroudsburg.
- Secretary, Bruce Heasley, Holiday Pines Campground, Loganton.
- Treasurer, Jason Sheaffer, Pinch Pond Campground, Manheim.
- Regional Vice President (1, 2), Denny Quigley, Kozy Rest Kampground, Harrisville.
- Regional Vice President (3, 4), Tammy Boltz, Lickdale Campground, Jonestown,.
- Regional Vice President (5, 6) Barbara Repetski, Hemlock Campground, Tobyhanna.
A portion of the auction proceeds will go to the educational scholarships and pay for PCOA members to attend the National School of RV Park and Campground Management in Oglebay, W. Va. Last year, $26,310 was raised at the auction.