ARVC Honors Nation’s Top Campgrounds, Associations
The National Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds (ARVC) recognized the achievements of private parks in seven states during its annual industry awards competition, according to a news release.
The winners were announced during an awards ceremony Friday (Dec. 2) at ARVC’s annual Outdoor Hospitality Convention & Expo, which took place at the Westin Savannah Golf Resort & Spa in Savannah, Ga.
The highest honors, called the “Park of the Year” awards, sponsored by the Good Sam Club, were given to campgrounds, RV parks and resorts based on several criteria, including customer service, employee training, operational excellence, national directory ratings and community service. Winners are:
- Nashville Country RV Park, Goodlettsville, Tenn., Small Park of the Year.
- Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park Camp-Resort at Kozy Rest, Harrisburg, Pa., Medium Size Park of the Year.
- Buttonwood Campground, Mexico, Pa., Large Park of the Year.
- Ocean Lakes Family Campground, Myrtle Beach, S.C., Mega Park of the Year.
The parks that made exemplary efforts to become environmentally friendly received the association’s “Plan it Green Award.” The winners in this category are:
- Guadalupe River RV Park Campground & Nature Trails, Spring Branch, Texas, Small/Medium Park Category.
- Lakewood Camping Resort, Myrtle Beach, S.C., Large/Mega Park Category.
On the marketing front, awards were presented to state campground associations that produced the best statewide campground directories. Award recipients in this category are:
- Maryland Association of Campgrounds, Small State Association Category.
- New Jersey Campground Owners Association, Medium State Association Category.
- California Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds, Large State Association Category.
Top performing state campground association executives were also recognized for their efforts. They are:
- Rob Halcrow, Tennessee Association of RV Parks & Campgrounds, State Executive Director of the Year
- Vicki Cole, Ohio Association of Campground Owners, State President of the Year
Mark Anderson, Steve Albrecht, Jo Ann Mickelson and Karl Littman were all recognized for exemplary service as outgoing members of the ARVC Board of Directors, while Tom Kilmer of Suburban Propane was recognized as, “Supplier of the Year” for going the extra mile on behalf of its customers and the campground industry.