Encore Markets Whale Watching at Pacific Resorts
Of the many activities on the West Coast available to RV travelers during spring, whale-watching season is a great opportunity to learn and experience something new.
Beginning in mid-February, grey whales leave breeding and calving sites off the coast of Baja, Calif., and travel north to summer feeding grounds in the Chukchi and Bering Seas. Traveling close to shore, grey whales can be spotted along the West Coast of the United States and Canada, according to a news release.
The West Coast of the United States has a long history of whale watching. High points along the coastline offer many opportunities for land-based observations. Traveling along the famous Pacific Coast Highway gives RVers a good chance to spot whales while experiencing the beautiful landscapes of one of the most scenic routes in the U.S. This legendary highway hugs most of the coastline from San Diego to northern Washington, providing a continuous avenue for RV travelers who want to stay close to the coast.
Novice whale-watching RVers can also take advantage of the weeklong program offered by Whale Watching Spoken Here. This program provides trained volunteers at 26 proven whale-watching sites from northern California to southern Washington. Volunteers help visitors spot whales and provide educational information. This spring’s session will run March 24-31.
The annual migration of the grey whales provides an exciting and moving experience for veteran and novice whale watchers. With so many places to see these massive mammals, RVers will find whale watching an interesting and exciting spring activity and a perfect reason to take to the road.
Encore and Thousand Trails RV Resorts offer premier RV resorts all along the West Coast. Each location offers unique amenities and activities, such as swimming pools, spas, fitness centers, lounges, sports courts, organized activities, Wi-Fi access and more.
Below is a sampling of RV resorts on the West Coast.
- Pacific Dunes Ranch RV Resort – 1205 Silver Spur Place., Oceano, Calif.
- Santa Cruz Ranch RV Park – 917 Disc Drive, Scotts Valley, Calif.
- San Francisco RV Resort – 700 Palmetto Ave., Pacifica, Calif.
- Rancho Oso RV Resort– 3750 Paradise Road, Santa Barbara, Calif.
- Morgan Hill RV Resort– 12895 Uvas Road, Morgan Hill, Calif.
- South Jetty RV Resort – 05010 S. Jetty Road, Florence, Ore.
- Whaler’s Rest RV Resort– 50 S.E. 123rd St., South Beach, Ore.
- Pacific City RV Resort – 30000 Sandlake Road, Cloverdale, Ore.
- Seaside RV Resort – 1703 12th Ave., Seaside, Ore.
- Long Beach RV Resort – 2215 Willow Road, Seaview, Wash.
- Oceana RV Resort – 2733 State Route 109, Ocean City, Wash.