RV Park and Campground Briefs
From the Lovely County Citizen:
The town of Beaver will be better prepared for future storm damage that may impact its RV park, thanks to a grant from the Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA).
Mayor Mary Hill reported at Monday's council meeting that the town had received a total of $48,638 in FEMA funds for the 2011 flood damage and that it had spent $25,154 so far on cleanup and repairs at the park. She recommended the town purchase a tractor to complete the cleanup instead of hiring a contractor.
Council agreed, and voted to purchase an L3200 series Kubota tractor with front-end loader at a price of $16,777 from Kubota in Berryville.
Hill said there was a lot of silt left over from the flooding early last year.
"It will be used to clean up the paved swimming area and the boat launch area," she said by phone Tuesday. "We can use it to remove trash and also to move the silt to other areas of the park to fill in holes. One of the campsites was heavily damaged, so we'll move silt to completely rebuild that."
From the Sky-Hi News, Granby:
An individual was found dead in an RV on fire at the T Lazy W RV Park on the north side of Highway 34 between Shadow Mountain and Granby reservoirs on Wednesday.
Grand Lake Fire and Grand County EMS were called to the fire scene at about noon. As of 12:45 p.m., the RV fire was reported to be under control and in the cleanup stages, according to emergency officials. The fire destroyed the RV.
No details about the person who was found dead on arrival are available at this time, officials said. A death investigation is being turned over to the Grand County Sheriff's Office and county coroner.
The T Lazy W RV Park is a seasonal-only RV and trailer park, which comprises individually-owned RVs, trailer sites and mobile home units.
It is open from May 1 to Oct. 1.
From WBIR-TV, Knoxville:
From now on in Tennessee, RVs that are leased out must have working carbon monoxide detectors.
Gov. Haslam signed the bill into law Wednesday.
It's in response to the deaths of five people from carbon monoxide poisoning at a biker charity event last year in Clarksville.
The measure requires all lease or rental agreements to contain a statement acknowledging that the vehicle is equipped with a working detector.
Police say a generator was found near a vent for the trailer where the five people were sleeping.