Woodall's/AAA Guides Now Available
Whether they're looking for the perfect place to pitch a tent or hook up a luxury RV, AAA members now have access to 20 percent more campground and RV park listings in the Woodall's/AAA Official Campground Guides.
"We are pleased to announce the launch of the Woodall's/AAA Official Campground Guides," Bill Wood, executive editor, AAA Publishing, stated in a news release. "The new series combines the expertise of Woodall's in RVing and family camping with expanded listings and travel content. This series reinforces our commitment to providing AAA members with accurate, valuable travel information for all their travel planning needs."
Seven co-branded regional guides are now available to members exclusively through AAA/CAA offices. The guides have a cover price of $10.95 each, but AAA members receive discounted pricing.
The Woodall's/AAA guides list more than 14,000 private and public facilities in the U.S., Canada and Mexico. Listings contain details needed to select the right campground or RV park, including location information, rates, Woodall's campground ratings, hookup availability, handicap accessibility, pet policies, Internet access and the availability of AAA member discounts. To assist with trip planning, the guides also offer state and province travel information including climate, time zones, local events, attractions and shopping.
For each privately owned campground/RV park listing, Woodall's assigns two ratings — one for recreation and the other for facilities — both on a scale of one to five "W's." In general, a greater number of W's indicates more extensive offerings and development. Other features include Woodall's point-to-point "One Tank Trips," green-friendly park listings and Extended Stay listings for places to park RVs for a month or season.
The new co-branded guides include:
- The South Official Campground Guide – covering Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee
- New York/New England & Eastern Canada Official Campground Guide – covering Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, Ontario, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Quebec
- Great Lakes Official Campground Guide – covering Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Wisconsin and Ontario
- Frontier West/Great Plains & Mountain States Official Campground Guide – covering Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Wyoming, Mexico, Alberta, Manitoba and Saskatchewan
- Far West Official Campground Guide – covering Alaska, Arizona, California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Mexico, British Columbia, Northwest Territories and Yukon
- Mid Atlantic Official Campground Guide – covering Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland, West Virginia, New Jersey, Virginia and District of Columbia
- Canada Official Campground Guide – covers Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Nunavut, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Saskatchewan and Yukon
Also in 2012 AAA will begin displaying Woodall's campground/RV park data in additional AAA travel information products that include campground information. Online and mobile resources include the TripTik Travel Planner and searchable Travel Guide on AAA.com, AAA TripTik Mobile app, AAA Mobile Web and AAA edition Magellan GPS units. Printed products include the AAA Road Atlas series, Traveling With Your Pet: The AAA PetBook, sheet maps and national park maps within the TourBook guides.
As North America's largest motoring and leisure travel organization, AAA provides more than 53 million members with travel, insurance, financial and automotive-related services. Since its founding in 1902, the not-for-profit, fully tax-paying AAA has been a leader and advocate for the safety and security of all travelers. AAA clubs can be visited on the Internet at AAA.com.
Woodall's is the producer of 10 annual Campground Directories and Guides plus several specific-interest books and digital publications and applications. Woodall's has been Everywhere RVers go for 75 years, and enjoys popularity in an array of different segments of the RV and camping marketplace. Visit woodalls.com for more information.
Good Sam Enterprises LLC is the parent company of the Woodall's Guides and Woodall's Campground Management.