RVIA Opens Membership to Park Trailer Manufacturers
The Recreation Vehicle Industry Association (RVIA) has opened membership in the association to recreational park trailer manufacturers.
RVIA President Richard Coon sent a personal invitation, an RVIA Park Trailer membership application as well as association information to recreational park trailer manufacturers last week, according to Matt Wald, RVIA’s new park trailer executive director. A similar invitation package will go out to park model suppliers next week, according to a news release.
“We are wasting no time folding park trailers into the RVIA family,” said Wald. “Richard and I have been reaching out to the park trailer industry leaders and making sure that they are comfortable through this period of transition. Meanwhile we have been laying the groundwork inside RVIA to accommodate park trailer members in key areas such as shows and public relations, and I will be spending time with RPTIA Executive Director Bill Garpow this week to try to figure out how to best fill his big shoes for the park trailer industry.”
RVIA and the Recreational Park Trailer Industry Association (RPTIA) reached an agreement in March for park trailer manufacturers to join RVIA as members. As conditions of park trailer manufacturers joining RVIA:
- Park trailer members will have two representatives on the board of directors.
- RVIA will form a Park Trailer Committee as one of the association’s standing committees.
- RVIA will continue the Destination Camping Committee and its efforts to study and recommend initiatives to grow this market segment.
- ANSI A119.5 will be recognized and accepted as a park trailer standard and will be maintained by RVIA’s Standards Steering Committee. RVIA inspectors will inspect park trailer plants at least twice per year.
- RVIA will continue efforts to have HUD accept the A119.5 as an exception to the Construction Code.
- RVIA’s Government Affairs Department will represent the legislative interests of recreational park trailer manufacturers at both the state and federal levels.
- Park trailers members will be treated the same in terms of participation of the National RV Trade Show, with the understanding that there are size restrictions.
As part of this agreement, RVIA named Wald to the newly created position of park trailer executive director for the association. In this role, he is responsible for promoting and protecting the interests of park trailer manufacturer members. By leveraging the activities of the existing RVIA committee and departmental structure, he will serve the park trailer industry by monitoring and acting on federal, state and local legislative issues; preparing, analyzing and distributing market data and demographics; helping to manage the ongoing development of and updates to the ANSI A119.5 national safety standard for park trailers through the RVIA standards process; serving as the liaison between RVIA and the media to promote the recreational park trailer industry as well as acting as an industry spokesperson with government agencies, industry trade groups and at industry trade shows.
He will serve as staff liaison and manage the affairs of the Recreational Park Trailer Standing Committee.
For information on RVIA park trailer membership, contact Matt Wald at (703) 620-6003 ext. 313 or email@example.com.