Active Network Launches New iPhone Apps
Active Network Inc. has launched two iPhone mobile applications for the ReserveAmerica.com and Recreation.gov outdoor recreation websites. The apps allow users to easily find and reserve campsites at national parks, forests, campgrounds and other recreation facilities, according to a news release.
ReserveAmerica, a media property of Active Network, is the largest provider of online campsite reservations in North America. The official ReserveAmerica camping app brings the power of the website to campers on-the-go via mobile technology. The app is perfect for weekend warriors to quickly find campgrounds right in their own backyard with a real-time listing of state campground sites. Unlike other apps on the market, users can view instant site availability information on RV, tent, cabins, day-use and other campground sites. The ReserveAmerica app is currently featured on the "Get Outside" section of the iTunes app store.
Active Network also worked with a longtime customer, the National Recreation Reservation Service, to develop an updated Recreation.Gov website and integrated iPhone mobile app to allow outdoor enthusiasts to easily browse and locate available campgrounds at national parks, forests and other federal recreation facilities across the country.
"We developed these apps to easily connect people to a wide range of outdoor activities and are thrilled that the ReserveAmerica app has been selected as a top Outdoor app on the iTunes store," said Darko Dejanovic, chief technology, product and innovation officer at Active Network. "Now consumers can find great activities and experiences, explore national and state lands, lakes and trails, and easily reserve great camping spots with the tap of a button."
With the apps, users can:
- View descriptions, details and photos of the campground.
- Browse campsites nearest their current location with built-in GPS.
- Filter and find a campsite based on city, state or zip, specific arrival and departure dates, type of campsite and by specific amenities like hook-ups, pets allowed, etc.; users can also save frequently used search settings to simplify future searches.
- View campgrounds on a map or toggle to a list, get driving directions and bookmark your favorite campgrounds.
- Complete reservations online or by phoning the reservation call centers.
The apps are available for free on the Apple iTunes store.