Camp-California Identifies Parks with Holiday Vacancies
Many California campgrounds, RV parks and resorts are booked up for Memorial Day weekend.
But Camp-California.com has compiled a listing of parks that still have a few spaces left.
“If you hurry and make your reservations now, you might get lucky,” said Debbie Sipe, executive director of the California Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds (CalARVC), which operates Camp-California.com, a statewide travel planning website.
As of Friday, there were at least 23 campgrounds, RV parks and resorts that still had sites and cabins available for the holiday weekend. Parks with vacancy as of Friday included:
- Bakersfield Palms RV Park, Bakersfield.
- Club Royal Oak, Kingsburg.
- Kit Fox RV Park, Patterson.
- Black Meadow Landing, Parker Dam.
- Emerald Desert RV Resort, Palm Desert.
- Shady Oasis Kampground, Victorville.
- The Springs at Borrego, Borrego Springs.
- Childs Meadow Resort, Mill Creek.
- Golden Coach RV Park, Cromberg (near Graeagle).
- Movin’ West RV, Graeagle.
- Meadowcliff Lodge & RV Resort, Coleville.
- Pioneer RV Park, Quincy.
- Casa del Sol RV Resort, Hemet.
Los Angeles Area
- Castaic Lake RV Park, Castaic.
North Coast and Points Inland
- Benbow RV Park and Campground, Garberville.
- Edgewater Resort & RV Park, Kelseyville.
- Klamath River RV Park, Klamath.
- Mirabel Park, Forestville.
- Orangeland RV Park, Orange.
San Diego Area
- Butterfield Ranch Resort, Julian.
- Oak Creek RV Resort, El Cajon.
- Sunland Circle RV Resort, San Diego.
- Vacationer RV Park, El Cajon.
These and other parks with Memorial Day availability can be found at http://camp-california.com/Places-To-Go/space-for-memorial-day.html.