Newspaper Touts 25 Camping Spots in North Alabama
The Alabama Mountain Lakes Tourist Association (AMLA) has released a list of campgrounds in the northern part of the state that would be good places to camp over the upcoming Memorial Day weekend.
For more information, call the AMLA at (800) 648-5381.
As reported by the Huntsville Times, the list of campgrounds just in North Alabama, some of them public but many of them privately operated, includes:
- Cowford Landing — Athens.
- Little River Marina & Lodge — Cedar Bluff.
- Pruett’s Fish Camp and Cabins — Centre.
- Rose Trail RV Park — Cherokee.
- Cullman Campground — Cullman.
- Point Mallard Park — Decatur.
- Bankhead National Forest — Double Springs.
- Winston Outdoors — Double Springs.
- DeSoto State Park — Fort Payne.
- Noccalula Falls Park and Campground — Gadsden.
- River Country Campground — Gadsden.
- Blue Heron Paradise RV Resort — Guntersville.
- Lake Guntersville State Park — Guntersville
- Ditto Landing Marina and Recreational Facility — Huntsville.
- Monte Santo State Park — Huntsville.
- Mountain Lakes Resort — Langston.
- Windemere Cove — Langston.
- Chestnut Bay Resort — Leesburg.
- Joe Wheeler State Park –Rogersville.
- Bear Creek Development Authority — Russellville.
- Goose Pond Colony — Scottsboro.
- Heritage Acres RV Park — Tuscumbia.
- Tuscumbia RV Park — Tuscumbia.
- Parnell RV Park — Woodville.