Texas Parks Report Some July 4 Holiday Vacancies
Campsites and cabins are booking up quickly across the Lone Star State, but there are still a few campsites and cabins available for the July 4 holiday.
The Texas Association of Campground Owners (TACO) has identified at least 16 campgrounds, RV parks and resorts across Texas that still have campsites and cottages available for the holiday period, according to a news release.
“We surveyed our members and heard from 16 right away who said they still had a few campsites or cabins left. But you’ve got to move quickly if you want to guarantee a spot over the holiday weekend,” said Brian Schaeffer, TACO executive director and CEO.
Most of the parks that still have campsites and cottages available can be booked through TexasCampgrounds.com. Here’s a closer look at 16 parks that still have campsites or cabins available for the holiday period:
- Admiralty RV Resort in San Antonio: This park’s July 4th festivities include a free barbecue with burgers, hot dogs, chips, beans and lemonade prepared by Tom Rennie of Head Country Bar B Q of Oklahoma City.
- Austin Lone Star RV Resort, a Carefree RV Resort in Austin: This park offers pancake breakfasts on weekends, swimming pool and spa facilities, an exercise room, an onsite mini-mart grocery store and a fenced-in pet exercise area. Both RV sites and cabins are available over the holiday weekend.
- Bay View RV Resort in Rockport: This 120-acre park has spacious RV sites, including pull throughs. The park is within walking distance of Copano Bay and Aransas Bay fishing piers.
- Braunig Lake RV Resort in Elmendorf: This park, which is located minutes from San Antonio, offers a swimming pool with hot tub; a 4-acre lake for catch-and-release and meals at the Creekside Center on Friday night, Saturday and Sunday mornings at a very reasonable price.
- Crockett Family Resort in Crockett: This is a full service RV park and marina with cabins. Centrally located between Houston and Dallas, Crockett Family Resort is a family-oriented park nestled on a trophy bass lake. Clubhouse facilities are also available for special events, reunions and rallies.
- Hill Country RV Resort & Cottages in New Braunfels: This park has both RV sites and park model cottages available during the holiday weekend.
- Lake Medina RV Resort in Lakehills: Activities at this park include horseback riding. The park will also have a parade on July 4. Campers are invited to wear red, white and blue and decorate their bicycles, their pets, golf carts and wagons and participate in a campground parade to celebrate our nation’s birthday.
- Lake Ridge RV Park Park in Gun Barrel City: This park is promoting a July 6-7 festival and concert in the park featuring Chris Weis, Charla Corn, Stoney Larue and Vanilla Ice.
- Mockingbird Hill RV Park in Burleson: This park is close to Benbrook Lake, which offers boating and fishing opportunities, and the Hidden Creek Golf Course.
- Palestine Pines RV Campground and Marina Park Resort in Tyler: This park is located next to Lake Palestine, which provides opportunities for swimming and fishing.
- Rock’N E RV Park in Coldspring: This park has more than 6 miles of hiking trails. If fishing is more your style, the park is only about 2 miles from Lake Livingston and Trinity River. Lake Livingston is more than 90,000 acres and has some of the best fishing around with largemouth bass, white bass, crappie and blue catfish. The fishing is good at any time of the year, thanks to the mild East Texas climate.
- Roadrunner RV Park in Johnson City: This park, located in the Texas Hill Country, is close to Stonewall, site of the LBJ Ranch and Presidential Office in the Texas White House. Visitors can learn about the Johnson Family, the Texas White House and see the president’s cars in the hangar. In Johnson City, visitors can tour the home where LBJ grew up. Fireworks displays are also available nearby.
- Running Branch Camp & Marina in Thornton: This park is next to Lake Limestone, which offers opportunities for swimming and fishing.
- Texan RV Ranch in Mansfield: This park has both pull-through RV sites and cabins available for the holiday weekend.
- Travelers World RV Resort, a Carefree RV Resort in San Antonio: This is the closest RV park to the Riverwalk and the Alamo. The city bus line can pick up guests at the park’s door and take them to all the attractions. A wonderful municipal golf course is adjacent to the park and tennis courts are nearby. An 8-mile long hike and bike trail is also located nearby.
- Woodsy Hollow Campground & RV Resort in Goodrich: The lake at the park is open to electric, paddleboats and kayaks and has three fishing docks. Crappie, catfish, bass and brim are pulled in year-round at Woodsy Hollow.
The Texas Association of Campground Operators publishes and distributes the Texas RV Travel & Camping Guide to Texas each year. For more information contact Brian Schaeffer at (817) 307-0129 or visit www.texascampgrounds.com and www.texascabinrentals.net.