Ocean Lakes Sponsoring Bluegrass Weekend
Ocean Lakes Family Campground in Myrtle Beach, S.C., will host the 14th Annual Premier Bluegrass Weekend on Friday, Aug. 24, and Saturday, Aug. 25.
The event is open to all guests staying at the campground, according to a news release.
Tickets for adults are $40, in addition to the site fee, and include admission to both Friday and Saturday events. Tickets for children ages 6 to 12 are available for $20, and children under 6 are free. Tickets purchased at the door will be $45 for adults and $20 for children. Seating is limited, so guests are encouraged to book ahead.
Performers for the 2012 event include some of the finest names in Bluegrass music:
- Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver (Saturday) – With over 35 albums, GMA Dove and Grammy® nominated Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver have won numerous awards from the Society for the Preservation of Bluegrass Music of America (SPBGMA), as well as the International Bluegrass Music Association (IBMA).
- The Grascals (Friday) – The Grammy nominated Grascals bring fresh yet familiar sounds to Bluegrass. This acclaimed band has won awards and honors from SPGMA and IBMA.
- Big Country Bluegrass (Friday) – Big Country Bluegrass’ musical style is reminiscent of the early days of Bluegrass music. This has earned them a #1 spot on a variety of radio air-play charts.
- Darin & Brooke Aldridge (Saturday) – Known as “The Sweethearts of Bluegrass,” Darin and Brooke Aldridge are considered one of the best duos in acoustic music these days and have received Grammy nominations, as well as nominations from SPGAM and IBMA.
- Rich In Tradition (Saturday) – Rich in Tradition combines traditional and contemporary Bluegrass and Gospel music to create some of the best music around.
“The Bluegrass Weekend is one of our most popular events and it sells out quickly,” said Barb Krumm, director of marketing and public relations. “Every year, we showcase some of the top names in Bluegrass and our guests really seem to enjoy the weekend. I would suggest that anyone interested in attending the show reserve their stay at Ocean Lakes and purchase their tickets soon so they don’t miss out on a weekend of fun and fantastic music.”
For more information about Ocean Lakes, visit www.oceanlakes.com, follow it on Twitter or “like” the campground on Facebook.