ARVC Agenda: Meet Nominees to the Board
Elections for open ARVC board of director seats will take place at the 2012 ARVC Outdoor Hospitality Conference and Expo, scheduled to be held at the Rio All Suites Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas Nov. 28-30.
This election cycle, seats are available in Voting Areas 2, 3, 4 and 6 and voting caucuses will take place on Wed, Nov. 28 from 4:30 p.m.-5:30 p.m. ARVC members are urged to cast their vote in person. However, if unable to attend the conference, an Official Request for Absentee Ballot form will be provided in advance.
Nominees are as follows:
- Voting Area 2: New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, West Virginia and Virginia; Truman Hartshorn, Lebanon Reservoir Campground, Hamilton, N.Y.
- Voting Area 3: Illinois, Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Minnesota and Wisconsin; Gilbert “Chip” Hanawalt, Autumn Lakes Family Campground, Sunbury, Ohio, and Tim Wilcox, Gateway Park Campground, Hillsdale, Mich.
- Voting Area 4: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee; Tim Deputy, Sun-N-Fun RV Resort, Sarasota, Fla.
- Voting Area 6: Alaska, Arizona, California, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming; Daniel Wright, The Springs at Borrego RV Resort, Borrego Springs, Calif.
Successful Park Operators Tour (SPOT) Parks Confirmed
Bob MacKinnon, MacKinnon Campground Consulting, in partnership with ARVC’s education department, has confirmed the parks participating in the 2012 SPOT. Parks chosen for the annual program offer SPOT participants a peek inside the inner workings of a variety of successful operations as well as stimulating conversation on the merits of each park and/or resort during the motorcoach transit.
This year, SPOT will visit locations in three states over two days – Monday and Tuesday, Nov. 26 and 27.
- Arizona Charlie’s RV Park, Las Vegas, Nev.
- Silver View RV Resort, Bullhead City, Ariz.
- Islander RV Resort, Lake Havasu, Ariz.
- Havasu Falls RV Resort, Lake Havasu, Ariz.
- Pirate Cove Resort, Needles, Calif.
- The Palms River Resort, Needles, Calif.
Visit the Outdoor Hospitality Conference and Expo website www.arvcOHCE.com for more information and SPOT registration. Interested park owners/operators are encouraged to make reservations early as space for SPOT is limited.
ARVC Seeks Supplier of the Year, Plan-It-Green Nominees
Each year ARVC recognizes a Supplier Council Member with the Supplier of the Year Award. The supplier must exemplify excellence in product, customer service and support. In addition, they should demonstrate their willingness to go the extra mile for their customers and our industry.
For the first time, ARVC is offering its members an opportunity to nominate a Supplier Council member for this award.
The Plan-It Green Award is available to member parks that have taken the Plan-It-Green pledge. Parks that participate in the Plan-It-Green program are qualified to nominate themselves for the Plan-It-Green Award. This prestigious accolade is given in two categories: small/medium parks (250 or fewer sites) and large/mega parks (251+ sites).
The nomination deadline for both the Supplier of the Year Award and the Plan-It-Green Award is Sept. 14. Award winners will be announced at the ARVC Awards of Excellence Gala in Las Vegas, Nevada on Friday evening, Nov. 30.
For more information on these award categories as well as the esteemed Park of the Year Awards, please visit the ARVC Outdoor Hospitality Conference and Expo website at www.arvcOHCE.com.
ARVC to Host Campground Management Software Webinar Series
Four vendors will present their products and answer attendee questions about campground management software systems in ARVC’s four-part webinar series. Park owners/operators seeking to find the right software tool for their park will benefit from exposure to four different platforms, presented by experienced individuals from each company.
The webinars are as follows:
- Aug. 15 – Tyler Duffy of Campground Automation.
- Aug. 22 – Peter Kearns of Mission Management.
- Sept. 12 – Jerome Staverosky of RMS North America.
- Sept. 19 – Ron Medenwald of Leisure Interactive.
The one-hour sessions will be held from 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Eastern Time and are open to member and non-member parks alike. There is no cost to attend these programs. Further details and registration information can be can be found at http://www.arvc.org/webinars.aspx.
Glamping Webinar Rescheduled
ARVC and Wanderlust Hospitality have rescheduled the postponed webinar titled “Glamping: It’s Not What You Think” and will conduct the session on Wednesday, Sept. 26, from 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Eastern Time.
In this online session, attendees will learn about glamping – everything guests have always wanted camping to be: authentic, effortless and inspiring. Scott Hale of Wanderlust Hospitality will share his expertise on how you can deliver a unique glamping experience within your campground to help you cast a bigger net and attract a brand new customer base without ignoring your loyal long-timers. A bigger audience could be that sparkplug you’ve been looking for to give you that elusive leg up on the competition.
Both ARVC members and nonmembers are invited to attend. The cost is $25 for members and $100 for nonmembers. For more information please visit www.arvc.org/webinars.