ARVC Hands Out Many Awards at Convention
The National Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds (ARVC) recognized the achievements of top private park operators, state associations and industry volunteers during its annual Outdoor Hospitality Conference and Expo last week in Las Vegas.
Park of the Year awards were given to RV parks and resorts based on several criteria, including customer service, employee training, operational excellence, national directory ratings and community service, according to a news release. Winners were:
- Small Park of the Year: The Vineyards Campground & Cabins in Grapevine, Texas.
- Medium Park of the Year: Bentsen Palm Village RV Resort in Mission, Texas.
- Large Park of the Year: Holly Shores Camping Resort in Cape May, N.J.
- Mega Park of the Year: Bethpage Camp-Resort in Urbanna, Va.
Parks that made exemplary efforts to become environmentally friendly received ARVC’s Plan-It-Green award. The winners included:
- A tie in the small/medium park category between River’s End Campground & RV Park in Tybee Island, Ga., and Cypress Camping Resort in Myrtle Beach, S.C.
- Sun N Fun RV Resort in Sarasota, Fla., received the award in the mega park category.
Marketing awards were presented to state campground associations that produced the best statewide campground directories. Marketing award recipients included:
- Medium State Association category: Missouri Association of RV Parks & Campgrounds.
- Large State Association category: Florida Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds.
Top-performing state campground association executives were also recognized, including:
- State Executive Director of the Year: Bobby Cornwell from the Florida Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds.
- State President of the Year: Jimmy Felton from the Tennessee Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds.
Mark Anderson of Camp Chautauqua Camping Resort in Stow, N.Y., received The Stan Martin Memorial Award, which recognizes RV park and resort operators who serve as role models for their peers in the industry through their exceptional volunteerism.
Herb Strauss of Papoose Pond Resort & Campground in Waterford, Maine, received the Pioneer Award, which recognizes campground industry pioneers.
The Supplier of the Year award was given to Lucas Hartford of Lewiston, Maine-based Evergreen USA, a leading provider of campground insurance since 1989.