2 Millionth Visit to PACamping.com Website
The Bill Mulligan family of Suffern, N.Y. was the 2 millionth visitor to the Pennsylvania Campground Owners Association (PCOA) pacamping.com website, according to a news release.
Their timely click will bring them camping valued at over $2,500.
Lifelong campers — Gery’s first camping trip occurred when she was 1 year old and her husband Bill began camping at age 3 — are delighted with this windfall of camping nights. “We’re going to try to get as much in as we can,” said Gery. "We know we’d like to visit the Amish country, and we think we’re going to visit Hershey — the last time we were there we were dating!”
The couple has been together for 33 years and camping has been a big part of their families’ lives.
The Mulligans will receive one free night’s camping from the following Pennsylvania campgrounds who co-sponsored the contest:
Western Pennsylvania campgrounds are:
- Harecreek Campground, Cory; Presque Isle Passage RV Park and Cabin Rentals, Fairview; Jellystone Park at Kozy Rest, Harrisville; Kalyumet Campground, Lucinda; Meadville KOA, Meadville: Rose Point Park Cabins and Camping, New Castle; Whispering Winds Campground, Sheffield; Shenango Valley RV Park, Transfer; Benners Meadow Run Camping & Cabins; and Farmington and Wheel in Campground, Shelocta.
North Central campground offering one-night stays are:
- Indian Head Campground, Bloomsburg; Allegheny River Campground, Roulette; and Seven Mountain Campground, Spring Mills. South Central PA campgrounds co-sponsoring the contest include Western Village RV Park, Carlisle; Hershey High Meadow Campground, Hershey; Pleasant Hills Campground, Hesston; Paradise Stream Family Campground, Loysville; Buttonwood Campground, Mexico; Dogwood Acres Campground, Newville; and three Gettysburg parks—Drummer Boy Camping Resort, Gettysburg Campground, and Granite Hill Camping Resort.
Also offering camping stays for the 2 millionth visitor are campgrounds located in Northeastern Pennsylvania are:
- Evergreen Lake Campground, Bath; WT Family Campground, Blakeslee; Mountain Vista Campground, East Stroudsburg; Otter Lake Camp Resort, East Stroudsburg; Honesdale Pocono KOA, Honesdale, Clayton Park Recreational Area, Lake Ariel, Three Pines Campground, Lakeville, Don Laine Campground, Palmerton; Silver Valley Campsites, Saylorsburg; Hemlock Campground and Cottages, Tobyhanna, Keen Lake Camping & Cottage Resort, Waymart; and Sandy Valley Campground, White Haven.
Rounding out camping visits for the Mulligan family are:
- Southeastern Pennsylvania campgrounds: Hickory Run Family Campground, Denver; Warwick Woods Family Camping Resort, Elverson; Old Mill Stream Campground, Lancaster, Pinch Pond Campground and RV Park, Manheim, Red Run Campground, New Holland; and Echo Valley Campground, Tremont.
Eleven lucky camping families were awarded two-night stays as consolation prizes, with a value of $100 each. The winners and participating campgrounds are:
- Dawn Irwin, Meadville KOA; Lauren LeBrun, Hershey Highmeadow Campground; Shirley Mack, Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park, Quarryville; Deanna Kohn, Clayton Park Recreational Area; Deborah Ergler, Rose Point Park Cabins & Camping; Kathleen McGrath, Mountain Vista Campground; Edward Johnson, Pleasant Hills Campground; John Shemack, Old Mill Stream Campground; Noreen Ike-Swing; Delaware Water Gap KOA; Dianna Foster; Harecreek Campground; and Tomica Twyman, Warwick Woods Campground.
PCOA is a non-profit trade association representing the proud RV parks and campgrounds in the great state of Pennsylvania. Each member campground is individually owned and operated.