KOA’s Largest Campground Plans Open House
The Kampgrounds of America Inc. (KOA) campground in Orlando NE/Wekiva Falls, Fla., is planning an Open House Weekend Feb. 1-3.
The campground – the largest in the 490-campground KOA system in North America – became a KOA in early 2012, according to a news release.
“We’ve spent the past year working hard on many new updates to the campground to reflect our pride in the KOA brand,” said Gary Ott owner. “We’re now ready to roll out the red carpet and introduce everyone to one of the most unique KOAs.”
Located just five miles west of Interstate 4 along Florida’s Wekiva River, the campground features a natural sulphur spring that cascades 40 feet into a huge swimming area complete with a concrete deck and lounge chairs. The campground also offers canoeing and kayaking down the Wekiva River, fishing at the marina, a Tiki Bar and a heated swimming pool for those cooler days.
Open House Weekend events on Saturday, Feb. 2 include:
- Free hot dog lunch at 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Clubhouse.
- Free 2-hour canoe rentals from the marina all day long.
- Free 1960’s-themed “Groovy Night” dance in the clubhouse. Costumes are encouraged, but certainly not required.
- Tour new recreational vehicles on display, courtesy of local RV dealerships.
Events on Sunday, Feb. 3 include:
- Free pancake breakfast from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. in the Clubhouse.
- Super Bowl Party at the Clubhouse and the Tiki Bar with snacks, beverages and football pools.
Swimming at the spring, as well as in the heated pool, will be available all weekend.
The campground will be free for daytime use both days. Overnight camping is available for $49 per night.
To make reservations, call toll free (800) 562-0799 or (352) 383-0855 or visit www.KOA.com to make reservations online. For more information about this great Open House event, email your questions to email@example.com.