Lake Rudolph Resort Part of $10M Investment
In preparation for the summer season, tourism businesses in Spencer County in Southern Indiana, including Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort, are gearing up for the peak season with additions and enhancements.
“Local tourism continues to grow in Spencer County, improving the visitor experience,” Melissa Brockman, executive director of the Spencer County Visitors Bureau, stated in a news release. “With nearly $10 million being invested into county tourism businesses, we’re looking forward to another successful year.”
Tourism investments for 2013 include:
- Four new in-the-dark water slides in a complex called Hyena Falls, a classic teacup ride named Kitty’s Tea Party, and a larger high-dive pool, stage, and seating area to replace the current theater at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari.
- Holiday Guest House & Suites, a lodging facility near Dale to open this summer;
- Five new water slides and 23 additional Rudolph’s Christmas Cabins at Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort.
- Three additional cottages and a basketball court at Santa’s Cottages.
- A new bedding program that includes pillows, blankets, scarves, and skirts at Comfort Inn & Suites in Rockport.
- Newly restored original Santa Claus Post Office for visitors to write letters, as part of the Santa Claus Museum & Village.
- Upgraded trails, fencing, and additional horses at Santa’s Stables.
The Visitors Bureau encourages guests to stay overnight and visit county attractions, shops, and restaurants.