Early Camping Season in Idaho Natl. Lands
The lack of snow at mid-elevations has apparently promoted the U.S. National Forest Service to open several of its campgrounds in Idaho earlier than normal, The Statesman, Boise, reported.
Here’s a list of campground and other recreation site opening dates:
- April 18 – Third Fork Cabin (near Ola).
- May 3 – Hot Springs (near Garden valley), Tie Creek, Silver Creek Campground, including Lodgepole Springs group site (may open prior to May 3. Best to call Silver Creek Plunge directly at (208) 739-3400).
- May 10 – Hardscrable, Rattlesnake, Trail Creek, Boiling Springs, all along M.F. Payette River.
- May 17 – Sagehen Reservoir area. Antelope and boat ramp, Antelope Annex, Cartwright Ridge, Sagehen Dam, Picnic Area, Sagehen Creek and boat ramp, Eastside, Hollywood. Depending on whether access to Sage Hen Complex is open. If not May 17, then May 23.
- May 24 – Big Eddy, Canyon, Cold Springs, Swinging Bridge, all along N.F. Payette; Boiling Springs Cabin and Peace Valley Group Campground, along M.F. Payette.
- June 28 – Deadwood Lookout.