LSI’s Parks Announce Mother’s Day Activities
Families across the country will celebrate Mother’s Day weekend by taking mom camping at Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park Camp-Resorts, which are planning fun, family activities as well as spa-like events to give mom the pampering she deserves, according to a news release.
“You don’t even need a tent or RV to camp with us because we have cabins and other rental accommodations,” said Michele Wisher, a spokeswoman for Milford, Ohio-based Leisure Systems Inc., which franchises Jellystone Park Camp-Resorts.
Craft activities are planned at most Jellystone Parks, which give children the opportunity to create memorable gifts for their moms and other special people in their lives. Many Jellystone Parks are also planning pancake breakfasts, mother-child scavenger hunts, dances and Karaoke events. Mothers will also receive a complimentary flower.
Here’s a sampling of additional special Mother’s Day weekend activities at Jellystone Parks in cities across the country:
- Amboy, Ill.: This park celebrates Mother’s Day with a fairy tale-themed weekend that features horse drawn carriage rides with Arabian horses. Kids will also get to make magic potions using food coloring and oil. There will also be a golf cart parade, face painting, a lolly pop search and a “nail party” for girls and their moms.
- Austin, Minn.: This park will have a mother-daughter nail polish tea party as well as its annual “Wine and Cheese Girls Gala,” where only moms are allowed. Dad has to watch the kids while mom gets pampered and has the opportunity to shop from at least 12 different vendors who come to the campground. A Karaoke event will also take place Saturday night.
- Bagley, Wis.: This park’s activities will include games in which kids are quizzed to see how well they know their moms. The park will also have a mom versus child scavenger hunt and a special “pampering session” for moms.
- Bloomington, Ind.: This park is having a “purse party” and photo op with Mom and Cindy Bear.
- Burleson, Texas: This park is planning its annual “Mom’s Spa,” when special stations will be set up so that kids can give their moms facials, pedicures, manicures and massages.
- Cave City, Ky.: Activities at this park include Mother’s Day crafts and T-shirt coloring as well as a mother-daughter look alike contest. Kids will also get to dance the first dance with mom at the Friday night dance. A complimentary waffle breakfast will be served Saturday morning, while a Karaoke event is being planned for Saturday night.
- Emporia, Va.: This park is planning a scavenger hunt.
- Eureka, Mo.: This park will have a pancake breakfast, a mom versus kids scavenger hunt and a beauty shop tea party with Cindy Bear.
- Fredericksburg, Texas: This park is planning a Mother’s Day parade and dance.
- Fremont, Wis.: This park is planning a nail party, a mommy makeover, mother-child games and a Mother’s Day craft.
- Hagerstown, Md.: This park plans to offer a special photo opportunity for mom, her family and Cindy Bear. Moms will also get pampered with special “facials” and other TLC. Girls and moms will also be invited to a “purse party.” Kids will get to dance the first dance with moms at the Saturday night dance. A moms only wine and cheese party is also being planned.
- Harrisville, Pa.: This park will have a mother-child scavenger hunt.
- Milton, Pa.: This park will have a mother-daughter tea party on Saturday and a breakfast on Sunday.
- Natural Bridge, Va.: Kids are invited to dress up in their best prince or princess costume and enter their mom in the park’s Makeover Relay Race. Park guests are also invited to bring baked items and participate in the park’s Cake Walk benefiting the Susan G. Komen Foundation, which will be followed by a glow stick dance party. A pancake breakfast will take place Sunday morning.
- North Java, N.Y.: This park will have a mother-daughter lookalike contest.
- Pierceton, Ind.: This park starts the weekend with a 5K walk/run. A wine and cheese tasting will also be provided in the evening along with a DJ and dancing.
- Plymouth, Ind.: A Karaoke event will take place Friday night while a dance is being planned for Saturday night. Refreshments will also be provided at the campground spa.
- Quarryville, Pa.: This park’s activities include Mother’s Day basket bingo; a mother-daughter lookalike contest; a Mother’s Day scavenger hunt; and a family movie night.
- Robert, La.: This park starts Mother’s Day weekend with a “Mom’s Only” wine and cheese party by the pool on Friday. A steak dinner will be provided Saturday night for a fee as well as live entertainment. A champagne and pancake breakfast will be served Sunday morning, which will be complimentary for moms.
- Swansea, S.C.: This park’s activities include a “Mrs. Jellystone Park Contest.” Contestants will compete in several silly memory- and skill-based games.
- Tyler, Texas: Mother’s Day weekend will be a “mom’s spa weekend” at this park, with special stations and supplies being provided so that kids can give their moms manicures, pedicures and massages. There will also be a mom and kids team tournament and a scavenger hunt.
- Wisconsin Dells, Wis.: This park’s activities will include a wine and cheese tasting social and free golfing for moms on the park’s miniature golf course. Park guests can also sign up for a special “breakfast in bed” for moms.
For a complete listing of Mother’s Day weekend activities at Jellystone Parks across the country, visit www.campjellystone.com.
About Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park Camp-Resorts
Launched in 1969, the Jellystone Park system is the second largest chain of campgrounds in the United States, boasting 79 campgrounds with more than 15,000 campsites in 30 states and Canada. Its Camp-Resorts are among the best campgrounds in the industry with a quality reputation for being fun, friendly, clean and service-oriented parks. Additionally, each Jellystone Park is themed with Yogi Bear elements providing instant recognition and consumer appeal. It is truly a place “Where You Camp With Friends.” Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park Camp-Resorts are franchised through Leisure Systems Inc. (LSI), a wholly owned subsidiary of the Park River Corp., Cincinnati, Ohio. For more information, visit www.campjellystone.com,