CalARVC's Parks Eye Memorial Day Weekend
Campgrounds across California are offering a wide range of Memorial Day weekend activities, from parades and barbecues to outdoor concerts and luau style events.
“Campgrounds are filling up over Memorial Day weekend, but there are still a few vacancies here and there,” said Debbie Sipe, executive director of the California Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds, which hosts Camp-California.com, the statewide travel planning website.
According to a news release, visitors to Camp-California.com can find campgrounds in every region of the state and access their websites for detailed information on activities and entertainment. For the latest information on campgrounds that still have vacancy for Memorial Day weekend, click on the “Discover California” tab on the homepage of Camp-California.com, then click “Places to Go” and “Memorial Day Weekend.”
Here’s a sampling of Memorial Day weekend activities and entertainment taking place in campgrounds, RV parks and resorts across the Golden State:
- Anaheim Resort RV Park in Anaheim: This park is offering a 20% discount based on availability from May 23 – 27. Neighboring Disneyland will also be open 24 hours on May 24.
- Casa de Fruta RV Resort in Gilroy: This park, which is located near Pinnacles National Park, will have an antique trailer pull event.
- Emerald Desert RV Resort in Palm Desert: This park will have a red, white and blue poolside happy hour on Friday; a barbecue pool party on Saturday, kids crafts and live music provided by local talent.
- Flying Flags RV Resort in Buellton: This park will have a Friday night barbecue with live entertainment; a Saturday movie night by the pool with make-your-own ice cream sundaes; and a poolside breakfast Sunday and Monday.
- Kamp Klamath in Klamath: This park’s activities include barbecues, live music, bonfires and guided tours. Pay for two nights and get the third night free.
- Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort & Marina in Newport Beach: This park’s weekend activities include a hula hula luau, crafts, including tie dye T-shirt making, volleyball and horseshoe tournaments, a movie on the beach and a dance social.
- San Diego RV Resort in La Mesa: This resort is kicking off Memorial Day weekend with a luau on Saturday with hot dogs, burgers and various games, including a hula contest.
- Shady Oasis Campground in Victorville: This park will have live music, kids movies and bingo each afternoon on Saturday and Sunday.
- The Springs at Borrego RV Resort in Borrego Springs: This park will have a free concert on Saturday in the resort’s new amphitheater with the Alice Wallace Band. On Sunday night the park will have an evening star party with famed astronomer Dennis Mammana.
- Twentynine Palms Resort in Twentynine Palms: This park is offering a one week stay and play golf package for $399 that includes one week of golf with a golf cart at Roadrunner Dunes Golf Course.
- Wilderness Lakes RV Resort in Menifee: Activities include Karaoke on Saturday and live entertainment Sunday with a group called Hit Men. Wilderness Lakes has rental trailers and cabins in addition to RV sites.