Good Sam Guide Rates Top Waterfront Parks
To help travelers find the top RV parks that offer the best waterfront camping, the editors and consultants of the Good Sam RV Travel Guide and Campground Directory have compiled a list of the top RV parks on North America’s finest coastal areas.
Boasting RV parks from across North America, the list is tailored for RV travelers seeking to park their RVs a short distance from swimming, fishing, boating or other water activities.
The Good Sam RV Travel Guide’s Top Waterfront parks are:
- Campland On The Bay, San Diego, Calif.
- Caspar Beach RV Park & Campground, Mendocino, Calif.
- Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort & Marina, Newport Beach, Calif.
- Pomo RV Park & Campground, Fort Bragg, Calif.
- Beverly Beach Camptown RV Resort, Flagler Beach, Fla.
- Camp Gulf , Destin, Fla.
- Carrabelle Beach RV Resort, Carrabelle Beach, Fla.
- Destin West RV Resort, Fort Walton Beach, Fla.
- Emerald Coast RV Beach Resort, Panama City Beach, Fla.
- North Beach Camp Resort, St Augustine, Fla.
- River’S End Campground & RV Park, Tybee Island, Ga.
- Louisiana State Parks, Baton Rouge, La.
- Castle Rock Lakefront Campground, St Ignace, Mich.
- Mackinaw Mill Creek Camping, Mackinaw City, Mich.
- Soaring Eagle Hideaway RV Park, Mount Pleasant, Mich.
- Traverse Bay RV Resort, Traverse City, Mich.
- Cajun RV Park, Biloxi, Miss.
- Cottonwood Cove Resort, Cottonwood Cove, Nev.
- Lake Mead RV Village, Boulder City, Nev.
- Laughlin/Avi Casino KOA, Laughlin, Nev.
- Frisco Woods Campground, Frisco, N.C.
- Holiday Trav-L-Park Resort For Campers, Emerald Isle, N.C.
- Outer Banks Visitors Bureau, Manteo, N.C.
- Beach Resort At Turtle Rock, Gold Beach, Ore.
- Lakewood Camping Resort, Myrtle Beach, S. C.
- Myrtle Beach Travel Park, Myrtle Beach, S. C.
- Pirateland Family Camping Resort, Myrtle Beach, S. C.
- Dellanera RV Park, Galveston, Texas.
- Island RV Resort, Port Aransas, Texas.
- Marina Bay RV Resort, Kemah, Texas.
- Cherrystone Family Camping Resort, Cheriton, Va.
- Columbia Riverfront RV Park, Woodland, Wash.
- Point Hudson Marina & RV Park, Port Townsend, Wash.
Hitting the Shore
While many RVers tow their own boats to waterfront destinations, a number of RV parks on the list provide watercraft rentals to customer. Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort & Marina, Newport Beach, California, rents sailboats, kayaks, electric boats, pedal boats and Stand Up paddleboards to guests for cruising around Newport Harbor.
Likewise, Soaring Eagle Hideaway RV Park in Mount Pleasant, Mich., rents out canoes, kayaks and paddleboats for guests who want to venture out on Grewes Lake, which is fully stocked for fishing. Also providing facilities for fishing is Beverly Beach Camptown RV Resort, Flagler Beach, Fla., which rents out fishing gear, bait and tackle for travelers.
Good Sam Guide
RV travelers can find more information about waterfront parks in the 2013 Good Sam RV Travel Guide and Campground Directory, which combines two of the RV industry’s most popular and respected brands — the Trailer Life Directory and Woodall’s Campground Directory — into one comprehensive volume. The guide contains detailed information about 14,967 RV parks across North America; each campground is personally inspected and rated by the Good Sam’s consultant teams.
The guide also includes lifestyle features, regional trip guides and essential travel facts. Readers can get vital tech tips, learn about must-see points of interest in all of North America’s states and provinces, follow a meal and fitness planner and get Road Ready with a special products section. Also included are guides to RV-related state laws and information needed for trouble-free trips into Canada and Mexico.
For more information about the 2013 Good Sam RV Travel Guide and Campground Directory, click on www.goodsamcamping.com