RV Park Welcoming JUCO World Series Fans
The year-round Junction West RV Park in Grand Junction, Colo., is expanding its basic dog run to be a dog park complete with toys for dogs and benches for owners, owner Mari Garland told the Camp Colorado e-newsletter.
“We will also develop and maintain a longer dog walk around the storage area of the park and identify dog friendly things to do and places to go in our area,” Garland said.
The Camp Colorado-member park plans a Grand Junction Chamber of Commerce ribbon-cutting for its dog park, which debuts in June.
Other 2013 improvements at Junction West include:
- The park’s entrance has been widened to make it even easier for big rigs and triple tows to get in and out.
- An irrigation ditch which used to run along the front of the park has been buried, and the frontage will be landscaped.
- Three dozen DirecTV connections are being added.
For Memorial Day, Junction West offers lodging for fans attending the Junior College Baseball World Series tournament. The tournament kicks off Memorial Day weekend and continues throughout the week.
Junction West has a JUCO special. Stay three nights or longer and get one JUCO tournament ticket free.
“We will be giving away popcorn at checkin and provide maps and info about the games,” Garland said. “We will also do a special flag raising on Memorial Day.”
Other coming events:
- SuperTour 2013 Bike Tour starts and ends at Junction West June 7-15.
- Rotary RV Fellowship Rally for the Mountain Region hosted by Junction West June 6-9.
The area’s attractions include Colorado National Monument, the Grand Mesa Colorado’s Wine Country (vineyards and tasting rooms) and the Colorado River (bike trails, rafting, fishing).
Junction West recently affiliated with Passport America (discount valid Oct. 15 to April 30 only) and Enjoy America (buy two nights get the third night half off). It also has coupons for 10% discount on propane when you stay overnight or a “buy three nights and get the fourth night free” coupon as well.