Ocean Canyon Properties’ $1 Million Upgrade
For several months Ocean Canyon Properties has been working on $1 million in renovations to improve members’ camping experiences at six of their resorts. Among their improvements are the following:
• Millwood Landing Golf and RV Resort, located in the forests of Ashdown, Ark., has had their 18-hole golf course freshly groomed with new tee markers and greens. In addition, the resort added new 50-amp sites to accommodate more member campers this season. New roads have been added, electricity has been updated, and all cabins have been refurbished, including new beds. The Greenside Grill, a gourmet restaurant located at Millwood, created a new menu and an outdoor dining patio was added for patrons.
• Texoma Shores RV Resort, located on Lake Texoma in Madill, Okla., has added seven brand new two-room water view suites at the resorts. Many of the RV sites are being leveled and upgraded. A new laundry facility was added for member use.
• Tres Rios RV Resort in Glen Rose, Texas, added new flooring and new comfortable mattresses to all cabins. The lodge has refurbished floors and a new shingled roof. Comprehensive electrical upgrades were completed throughout the resort, and a new park model was added for member usage.
• On the shores of the Gulf of Mexico, Styx River RV Resort in Robertsdale, Ala., has a new entry configuration for easier access for large RVs. A major roof renovation has been completed with the addition of a metal roof. Refurbished cabins are available for guests, and a new handicap unit has been added to the cabin inventory. Access to the lake adjoining Water World property has been developed and stocked with bass and catfish. New showers in the cabana are being completed.
• Located near New Orleans on the north shore of Lake Pontchartrain, Abita Springs RV Resort in Abita Springs, La., has also been busy with upgrades and renovations. The laundry room has been refurbished, and a new comfort station has been built to replace the old one. Campsite pads have been built up, a new park model added, and a new lift station added to the septic system. New paddleboats have arrived just in time for summer recreation on the lake.
• Mountain Lakes RV Resort, located on the eastern shore of Lake Guntersville in Langston, Ala., added a new bunkhouse on the property that sleeps 18 people. Also four new park models were added, bringing the total to 12 units. All rental units, including bunkhouses, have been completely refurbished. The mini golf course has had a new carpet installed. There have been 38 new 50-amp sites added to the park, to allow even more campers to enjoy the park during the RV season. Eleven new seasonal waterfront lease sites have been opened, increasing the ways that members can to enjoy the beauty of the resort. The resort is in the process of expanding the Internet bandwidth with fiber optic service for faster and more reliable service.