Update: Cates Recounts RVC’s 2013 Highlights
Editor’s Note: Andy Cates, CEO of Memphis-based RVC Outdoor Destinations, recounted his company’s 2013 highlights thus far in a recent e-mail.
RVC Outdoor Destinations is a leading provider of high-quality outdoor hospitality in the United States and is redefining the traditional camping experience.
Excerpts from his e-mail appear below.
RVC continues to grow. We’ve had a good year and just finished our best July to date on both a same store and total portfolio basis.
Over the first half of 2013, some highlights include:
- Re-flagged Garden of the Gods RV Resort in Colorado Springs after completing its renovation in April.
- Reflagged River Plantation RV Resort, the strongest RV oriented property in the robust Sevierville/Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge Smoky Mountain market, as an RVC Outdoor Destination.
- Acquired Koyote Ranch Resort (http://www.koyoteranch.com/) in Medina, Texas. This 100-acre property sits on one of the highest points in the beautiful Texas Hill Country and will be renamed Medina Highpoint Resort and reflagged as an RVC Outdoor Destination in the coming months. We have been making improvements and are currently adding 11 cabins. A new website will be completed in the third quarter that will be exemplary of our future web site improvements for all properties.
- Added additional yurts to Catherine’s Landing http://www.rvcoutdoors.com/catherines-landing/yurts/.
- Exceeded revenue, NOI, website visitation, Facebook Likes and guest survey score goals for the entire RVC network.
- Added a video to our website to better tell our story http://www.rvcoutdoors.com/.
- Completed some of our highest end units to date at Carrabelle Beach RV Resort in Florida.
- Improved our retail presentation and sales revenue.
- Announced our joint venture with Lake Raystown Resort, the premier outdoor destination in Pennsylvania, that we will reflag as an RVC Outdoor Destination in the coming months.
“After over seven years of effort, RVC has great momentum and is leading the business segment it is pioneering. We greatly appreciate your support in helping us continue to redefine the traditional
camping experience,” he concluded.