Camping World, Good Sam Detail '14 Growth
Camping World Inc. and Good Sam Enterprises LLC today (Oct. 21) announced their 2014 forecast for expansion and future development to meet customer needs for product and service in new markets. According to a press release, the new markets will raise the total number of supercenters to just shy of 120 nationwide. Additionally, the company is under contract with land owners and existing dealerships actively pursuing new markets and acquisitions that will be announced over the next six months.
“Camping World and Good Sam cater to travelers from all over the United States seeking quality outdoor products and services. We are proud to continue our commitment to the U.S. market with the opening of these new supercenters and look forward to having customers in these regions visit their new one-stop location for everything outdoor and RV,” said Marcus Lemonis, chairman and CEO of Camping World. “As part of Camping World and Good Sam’s growth strategy, the brand is making major investments in the quality of its dealer network. From facility upgrades to new store openings, the company’s network will continue to expand and evolve while serving our customers' outdoor, RV and camping needs."
Plans are underway to expand the company footprint with additional locations in high-traffic, outdoor-centric markets within the following areas: Pittsburgh, Pa.; Lexington, Ky.; Erie, Pa.; Des Moines, Iowa; Rapid City, S.D.; Minot, N.D.; and San Antonio, Texas.
These new markets are in addition to highly visible locations slated for first quarter 2014 that include:
• January 2014 – Coburg (Junction City area), Ore.
• January 2014 – Fresno, Calif.
• January 2014 – Lake Park, Ga.
• February 2014 – Saukville (Milwaukee area), Wis.
• April 2014 – Rossford (Toledo area), Ohio
This new market expansion is on the heels of new supercenters that have opened and /or had major renovations or relocations in the last year in the following markets:
• October 2012 – Kingston, N.Y. (new location).
• October 2012 – Spokane, Wash. (new location).
• February 2013 – Hanover, Pa. (new location).
• February 2013 – New Port Richey, Fla. (new location).
• May 2013 – Kansas City, Mo. (new location).
• June 2013 – Columbia, Mo. (new location).
• July 2013 – Lubbock, Texas (new location).
• October 2013 – Cedar Falls, Iowa (new location).
• October 2013 – Panama City, Fla. (new location).
• October 2013 – Berkley, Mass. (new location).
• August 2013 – Tampa, Fla. (relocation).
• April 2013 – Jacksonville, Fla. (relocation).
• September 2013 – Ocala, Fla. (relocation).
• September 2013 – Tucson, Ariz. (relocation).
All new locations will offer a wide array of RV sales, service, collision, parts and accessories for the outdoor enthusiast. It will feature motorhomes and towables from the finest manufacturers and brands including Winnebago Industries, Fleetwood, Thor Motor Coach, Itasca, Coleman, Heartland, Keystone, Forest River, Crossroads, Monaco, Holiday Rambler, Jayco, Starcraft, Coachmen and many more.
On the accessory side the new locations will feature new and innovative products including interactive displays and customer experiences from the top vendors such as Dometic, Honda, Thetford, Goodyear, Winegard, ADCO, Camco, Roadmaster, Husky, Reese, Cequent, Exide, Ultra-Fab, Coleman, Valterra, Dicor, Champion, Rand McNally, Max-Air, BAL, Furrion, Select Comfort, ASA Electronics, Cummins, Onan, WFCO, Weber, HWH, Presto-Fit, Stromberg-Carlson, Atwood, RDK Products, Magellan, King Controls, Charbroil, Amerigas, Exxon Mobil products, Norcold and many more. Camping World also carries and creates its own private label lines of exclusive products for the RV, outdoor and home markets.
"This is an exciting announcement not only for those of us who love the outdoors, but also for the community members of these great cities. These recent acquisitions not only increase our presence in existing markets and new territories but are also in alignment with the strategic growth plans we have for the company," continued Lemonis. "We are constantly reviewing our footprint and evaluating where we can strengthen our position within each of our markets.”