Workamper RV Technician Courses Available
Mobile RV Academy and Workamper News joined up to create a course called “The RV Maintenance Technician for Campgrounds.” The five-day course will be offered in nine locations between now and the end of March.
During the courses, Terry Cooper — The Texas RV Professor — will be training his students to diagnose and deal with 80% of the issues RVs develop that are easy to access and easy to fix.
Upcoming training weeks and locations are:
• Nov. 11-15 in Indio, Calif. at the Shadow Hills RV Resort.
• Nov. 18-22 in Mesa, Ariz. at the Mesa Spirit RV Resort.
• Jan. 27-31 in Daytona Beach, Fla. at the International RV Park & Campground.
• Feb. 10-14 in Macon, Ga., at Al Sihah Shrine Park.
• Feb. 17-21 in Woodbine, Ga. at Walkabout Camp and RV Park.
• Feb. 24-28 in Eustis, Fla. at Southern Palms RV Resort.
• March 3-7 in Hattiesburg, Miss. at Okatoma Resort & RV Park.
• March 17-21 in Concan, Texas at Parkview Riverside RV Park.
• March 24-25 in Canton, Texas, at Mill Creek RV Resort.
Cooper, the Texas RV Professor, RVDA/RVIA Master Certified RV Technician and professional instructor/trainer, created this live, hands-on training course. The RV Maintenance Technician for Campgrounds course started out to train Workampers with technical skills to improve their marketability to future campground employers. After the spring 2013 sessions, many students took the course for their personal use to care for their own RV. Some are marketing themselves as Campground Technicians to future employers and many are taking their skills and becoming RV Inspectors and starting their own small businesses.
Each course has a limited number of seats so Cooper can create a strong training environment. During the five days, each student will receive training in these five key RV systems: Electrical; propane; water (sewer and fresh); appliances (air conditioners, water heaters, furnaces and refrigerators); and exterior systems.
Along with the technical training, students interested in developing their own RV Inspection business will have live course modules available during the training week.
To gain RV technician skills for your own use – for the campground job – or to start your own inspection business visit rvtechcourse.com to learn more about the training and to register your seat. The cost is $1,744, and it’s tax deductible if used for business. A payment plan is available.