KOA: Is Buying A Campground Right For You?
Thinking about buying a campground? Kampgrounds of America (KOA) plans to give people the tools to make an educated purchase decision at workshops in May. Space for the Nashville, Tenn. KOA Buyer’s Workshop is limited, according to KOA. To register, call (800) 548-7239.
Dates: May 3 and 4
Saturday: 9 a.m.–6 p.m.
Sunday: 8 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
Location: Nashville, Tenn. KOA
Cost: $275 per couple, $175 per person
With more than 50 years experience in campground operation and franchise sales, "we know what it takes to turn your dream of ownership into a reality," according to KOA. The workshop presenters include a sales representative with more than 20 years of experience in handling KOA franchise sales.
Hosted by a KOA campground, this workshop offers a unique opportunity to see the inner workings of a campground and a chance to get more hands-on learning and a better understanding of what it really takes to own and operate your own campground.
The workshop will help people decide if owning a campground is right for them. While they’ll talk about owning a KOA-franchised campground, the primary goal is to provide attendees with information that will help them make an informed decision about whether owning a campground — any campground — is the right personal and professional decision.
The workshops will cover the following subjects:
• Understanding the industry.
• The buying process.
• Pricing models.
• KOA franchising.
• The operations process.
• The selling process.
They will also have special speakers:
• A campground lending representative who will talk about financing/banking options for a KOA purchase.
• A campground insurance representative from Evergreen Insurance who will talk about insurance for a KOA campground purchase.
• KOA campground owners, husband-and-wife teams who will discuss campground ownership during the question-and-answer section.
• The KOA home office sales team that will conduct the workshop and answer questions about KOA ownership.
For more details, click here.